What’s for dinner

I love deer enchiladas never tried tongue... gonna have to give that a try.

Do you skin the tongue before or after cooking?
Boil them in spices and peel them. Chop them up small and then just add like any other meat. We use them in taco meat and also pickled deer and beef tongue. Real good meat and not tough. It takes several deer tongues, though, as they are small. It is also good sliced in sammiches.

Boil them in spices and peel them. Chop them up small and then just add like any other meat. We use them in taco meat and also pickled deer and beef tongue. Real good meat and not tough. It takes several deer tongues, though, as they are small. It is also good sliced in sammiches.
I’ve done them in tacos before... actually found it’s pretty easy to peel them when frozen... more of a shave then a peel. I will have to give your method a try.

Last edited:
Do you have to use the right away after boiling and skinning or could you make tacos, or whatever the next day? I have an elk tongue and 5 deer tongues in my freezer.

Do you have to use the right away after boiling and skinning or could you make tacos, or whatever the next day? I have an elk tongue and 5 deer tongues in my freezer.
After cooking, you can put it in the fridge, re-freeze it, or whatever. We usually use it right away, but not necessary.

I didn’t take pictures. Stir fried deer shoulder. If you ordered it in a restaurant it would probably be called pepper steak.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back