What's a reasonable price for getting a European mount?

270.Rose

Can anyone offer an opinion on what I should expect a taxidermist to charge for making my antelope head into a European mount? I don't know whether local prices are high, low or otherwise and thought I'd ask here.

Depends. Are you wanting a naked euro or one with skull mounted on a plaque? For a pronghorn I think you're kinda stuck getting it mounted on a plaque. Otherwise the horns are sticking straight out in the room if teeth are against the wall. For skull on a plaque we charge $200 (about $175 US).

Thanks for the input! I'm not wanting it on a plaque, it will have a spot on top of my china hutch so all it needs is the cleaning/bleaching part.

My brother paid $200 for an elk euro last year in Denver. I have always done mine myself, it's a bit messy but not that hard.

You got a dermestid beetle business around? Our local place (Big Sky Beetleworks) will turn around a museum quality bleached antelope skull for between $65-$105. Price scale is dependent on how much skinning/eye removal prep work you do. Those flesh eating beetles are extra thorough and clean things out well enough that the fragile nasal turbines stay intact. Not quick, but worth the wait to me.

You got a dermestid beetle business around? Our local place (Big Sky Beetleworks) will turn around a museum quality bleached antelope skull for between $65-$105. Price scale is dependent on how much skinning/eye removal prep work you do. Those flesh eating beetles are extra thorough and clean things out well enough that the fragile nasal turbines stay intact. Not quick, but worth the wait to me.
I recommend this method, I'd pay 105 for a beetle cleaned euro all day

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papretzelman
Back