What would you do with these groups?

Probably why the company does the accuracy test off of a sled I'd suppose...

Impossible to tell from the original post. What gun is it?

Had 2 seekins PH 300wms that shot about like that. Didn’t want to send it back for a 3rd so I had a reputable smith chamber a bartlein for it, problem solved.

If you confirm scope doesn’t have a wandering zero and is solid in the mounts and everything is mechanically sound with the rifle, I wouldn’t expect some charge weight or little tweak is all of a sudden going to make it shoot well consistently. I’ve wasted way too much time and money chasing those unicorns.

Last edited:
Impossible to tell from the original post. What gun is it?

Had 2 seekins PH 300wms that shot about like that. Didn’t want to send it back for a 3rd so I had a reputable smith chamber a bartlein for it, problem solved.

If you confirm scope doesn’t have a wandering zero and is solid in the mounts and everything is mechanically sound with the rifle, I wouldn’t expect some charge weight or little tweak is all of a sudden going to make it shoot well consistently. I’ve wasted way too much time and money chasing those unicorns.
I think you my be the first person I’ve seen that had a crap experience with a Seekins. That sucks.

I think you my be the first person I’ve seen that had a crap experience with a Seekins. That sucks.
There were numerous like me with early run havaks, I think especially 300wms. They seem to have their poop in a group with them more now and I can’t complain about customer service a bit.

For the rifle it's a Fierce carbon rival 300wm. It's the lightest platform I've had and shot. Tonight I was able to put 180s and 205s under .75" with each 5 shot group. Focused more on my grip and trigger pull. Still believe I can be better. Looks like she's staying home with me. I also reset and re torqued my rings down. Thinking I will run the 205s out to distance and see what happens. They are running around 2985fps.
Thanks for the discussion guys.

Your groups looked exactly like mine. Only difference is I shoot factory loads. I found out that the first two shots would touch while the 3rd would go around 1”+. Barrel would overheat too fast. After I put a stock on my gun I shot and waited for 5 minutes before putting another round in and shooting, or at least until the barrel was luke warm.

Assuming that you're a reasonably intelligent guy and you checked to make sure everything was tight BEFORE you stated reloading and testing the loads, I would say that you need to try a heavier bullet or bounce right up to max powder charge.

I had open groups like that with several guns and the groups got noticeably tighter the closer I got to max powder charge. Worth a try I guess before spending the money on more bullets.

I never understood how someone could/would not do a once over with a gun to verify everything prior to spending all that money on reloading shells. lol

The only answer in those groups is that something isn’t working. Identifying the what may or may not be easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back