Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What would I do with the coyote?

SneakyJake

I passed up 5 shots on coyotes this year with my bow while hunting. I guess because I'm not sure that I would have something viable to do with the animal. What are my options and how do I go about it if I decide to do it?

Shoot it, take a picture, walk away... knowing that you saved a few deer.

Or find someone that will buy the hide and drop it off. If you can kill a yote with your bow, IMO that is quite an accomplishment.

T-Bone has been selling a few of his hides I believe to the local taxi in SD...might defer some gas costs...

I just leave my dogs lay after I shoot them. Since I shoot mine with my 300 win mag with a 180 gr. ballistic tip the hides kinda gets ruined LOL

Kind of like this Larry?
Coyote4.jpg
Same cal...same load...

you sissies... I get that kind of destruction with a much smaller rifle. :) a 243 and 75gr V-max at warp speed isn't pretty either. :D

I'll kill a yote anytime of the year except when it's an obvious wet female. It makes me happy inside when I whack one.

From Oct-Feb the pelt is worth money. They're not worth a lot of $, 15-20$ for a prime coyote whole, unskinned. It helps pay for gas. I always have a few large construction grade garbage bags in the car or truck and bag them up for transport as I don't want the fleas at home or on my dogs. I have cased and put the fur up myself, but find it not worth the stink, mess, time and fleas.

My 223 wssm with Hornady 55 grn spire points is very fur friendly.

Ithaca 37 said:
Don't kill anything you're not going to eat. Coyotes are good. They eat lambs and calves and piss off the welfare ranchers.

Typical eastern mentality. :D Yum yum... squirrel pie anyone?

Personally I like shooting bird dogs, sure pisses off the bird hunters when you do it though.

"Personally I like shooting bird dogs, sure pisses off the bird hunters when you do it though."

Congrats Bambi, I think you just made the "list"!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alaska2Montana
Back