what to do with rifle that doesn't get used?

If it were a long action, rebarrel it to be a back up to the 280.

Since it’s a SA, rebarrel it and change the bolt head to something else.

Pull the scope and sell the rifle. Use the money on something you’ll enjoy.

I'd sell it and buy what you want. I just sold a 243 and will most likely replace it with a 243, but different stock and barrel.

I would say its practical to sell it if you dont think it will ever have a place in your hunting.
I have a few older guns that have sentiment value that I will likely never use but I dont consider selling them. They are not really that expensive maybe I could get $500-650 for them. So they are worth more to me than that. Others mostly Weatherby Mark V‘s in magnums I should sell as they are safe queens and I will likely never use them. But I wonder it I will ever let loose of them.

I have Ruger ultra light in 257 Roberts and model 70 feather weight in 7x57 that i should sell because i dont use them. In fact i should sell all my centerfire rifles because i dont hunt with any of them.

maybe consider gifting it to a young hunter that could use a solid rig if you don't need the money.
I considered doing that but the recoil on this particular rifle is unpleasant and the LOP is a bit much for a younger person. When I say unpleasant most friends that shoot this rifle mention it every time.

Looks like I may send this one down the road when I get back from a Christmas trip. I'm going to ask local friends to see if they know of a local hunter that could use a rifle and see if we can come up with a price. Possibly as a reloading package deal since ammo is basically nonexistent these days. It'll save me from the hassle of boxing and shipping.

Or sell it to me, so i can build that 7.21 Lazzeroni Tomahawk i've been wanting.
Lazzeroni reccomends the large shank Savages.

I’d sell it. Honestly, as good of a cartridge as the .300WSM is, it’s not getting more popular. I don’t see them going extinct any time soon, but I’d sell it while you can.

The problem with using it as a project rifle, is that most savage pre-fits are small shank. Factory WSM’s were all large shanks, if I remember correctly. It just limits some options for you.

Sell it or gift it to someone who will use it. No shame in either!

I’d sell it. Honestly, as good of a cartridge as the .300WSM is, it’s not getting more popular. I don’t see them going extinct any time soon, but I’d sell it while you can.

The problem with using it as a project rifle, is that most savage pre-fits are small shank. Factory WSM’s were all large shanks, if I remember correctly. It just limits some options for you.

Sell it or gift it to someone who will use it. No shame in either!
Aside from specifing to the barrel maker that it's a large shank, i don't see how that would limit your options.
All the barrel makers i can think of will make a large shank barrel.

A great time to sell. Bad time to buy. I have a cheap Savage that I keep as a rain gun. I take care of it, but do not mind if it gets beat up.

Think you answered your own question. You have no use for it so sell it. I only keep guns I don't use if they have sentimental value or if I had a classic, I would keep that regardless. Your Savage doesn't fall in those categories.

Aside from specifing to the barrel maker that it's a large shank, i don't see how that would limit your options.
All the barrel makers i can think of will make a large shank barrel.

That’s good to know, when I assembled the last savage project, I just remember more pre-fits in small
shank. I’m sure I was just seeing what I wanted to see though. Good point!

Back