What store has the biggest physical selection of optics on hand?

fmnjr

We have a couple places in here that have some decent choices on hand to grab and play with but I'd really like to find a place where I could walk in try out all the really good high end optics. If I'm going to spend $2-3k on glass, I want to use them a bit first. Where do I go to do that?

I've been to a Bass Pro in New Hampshire and a Cabela's in Maine. Both have outstanding selections of scopes, though the Bass Pro didn't have too much in the $2k-$3k range. They seemed to work mostly in the $500-$1500 range. The Maine Cabela's seemed to have everything. Although this is far away, I suspect this is a chain store policy so it may work for you.

If you were on the other side of the continent, I would tell you to check out Kittery Outpost in Maine.

Thanks everyone, we have Bass and Sportsman's here which I've been to. I agree they have some good glass on hand but I was hoping to locate some place, even if it's a bit out of the area, that is known for their in stock optics inventory.

If you're ever in Phoenix, Outdoorsmans or Ross Outdoors. Josiah at Ross Outdoors is a great guy to talk to.

Perhaps these are a possibility. Wonder how they'd feel on a backpack trip.

Well, I decided not to travel elsewhere after all. On a whim, I made a call to a well known optics dealer, told them of my interest in getting set up with something in the $1K range. Guy on the phone immediately suggests a package deal consisting of Meopta 12x50s, carbon fiber tripod (including a nice head), and a bino adapter all at a price I couldn't resist. This dealer doesn't collect NV sales tax either. It took me a long time to get to the place where I was ok with breaking down for this. Now, I can't wait for the 13th to roll around so I can start playing with my new toy! Will update with a review of my purchase later....thanks everyone for putting up with my nonsense questions and posts about optics....really appreciate it!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back