What poundage...

BlackTimber

are you guys shooting? I shoot 65# year round except for hunting. I then bump it up to 70#.

ELKCHSR

I shoot mine at 65 lbs, it is moving my arrows at about 275, which is very good for a bow that is some 7 or 8 years old..
biggrin.gif

enufflite2shoot

I was always told if you cant hold your bow perfectly still when you draw you are pulling to many pounds. I shoot with 58 lbs and havent lost anything yet elk included.

buckfish

Shoot the same weight year round. I can tell you from experience that changing your setup can drastically change your success rate in the field. I have managed to miss some nice deer in the past three years due to those last minute changes. I shoot the same setup in my backyard that I shoot in the woods...now all I need to learn is how to keep my heart rate the same year round :)....just an opinion

BlackTimber

Buckfish, I can see how this would cause some problems.
Let me tell ya what I do. I shoot the same speed year round. Light arrows light poundage. Heavy arrows heavy poundage. This way my tradjectory stays the same. I think that is a big key, knowing the arc of your arrows.

Two months before hunting season I start putting one full turn in my bolts each week. By the time hunting season is around I can't tell the difference between the two draw weights.

Also, 70 pounds is fairly easy for me to handle. I don't over bow myself. I think a lot of people try too much weight.

Good luck this year!
biggrin.gif

buckfish

Thanks BlackTimber. I am still a rookie in every aspect of hunting. I have managed to blame my misses on three new bows in the past three seasons. I bought a new bow last year and plan to stick with it.

buckfish

TK...you are correct. There is some good stuff on here. I have looked all over and have gotten my best advise from you guys and gals.

Bullhound

Compound @ 72-74# all year.
longbow @ 59-60# all year.

I like to stick with the same weight and don't like the thought of changing for hunting.

buckfish

Elk...Im not sure what a Buckfish is. I like to hunt and fish so I put the two together. My other two hobbies would have made a terrible combo....Womenbeer?

ELKCHSR

Thanks..
Drunkwoman may have worked...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

or beerdrinkingwoman!!!
Or maybe I shouldn't help...LMAO!!!
biggrin.gif

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts