PEAX Equipment

What Next?

Olgrizz

After you get rid of the ATV's What next, bear baiting, running cats with hounds, trapping! Hell with a little work we can ban a lot of things! Olgrizz

I don't think anybody wants to get rid of ATV's. They just want to restrict them to roads/trails that are already established, instead of having them go all over the countryside anywhere and everywhere.

I second that RD. :D

Ol Grizz- I feel that the ATV users are going through a phase similar to what hunter's faced in the past. There are too many gross example of improper use, just as with the number of accidental shootings during hunting season in the past, that many are just getting fed up. Hunter's had to inact laws about hunter's ed and to start policing their own to get on track. I think ATVer's will have to do the same.

• Question: Can I use an ATV,
    motorcycle, or snowmobile on USFS or
    BLM designated trails while hunting in
    the hunting seasons covered by the
    rule?
    Answer: No. Designated trails are not open to
    full-sized vehicles and therefore do not meet the
    criteria for an established road. Persons not
    hunting may still use designated trails.

1_pointer I think you are right :( I don't just think that it is improper use, I am afraid that it is just to many people. :confused:

ok, but even with that new law, ATV's can still be used, you just have to stay on roads that are open to full-sized vehicles. I don't think there is a lack of roads open to full size vehicles. Many of them probably aren't even maintained well enough for anything other than maybe a Jeep, so there you go. That is the type of road that is well suited to your ATV.

WH, according to the lastest FS figures, theres 380,000 miles of roads open to full sized vehicles. If you cant find somewhere to ride on NF lands, you arent looking.

Keep in mind, thats just on NF land, theres more roads on BLM, State, and private lands....

Back