What is your single top hunting season goal this year? I expect updates damn it.

Seriously weird. Greenhorn? Do you have to carry a stick wherever you go? Spikedown seems to be the awkward guy at the bar.
lol good one! who are you guy? Wrong gender and rlly not awkward.

Hammsolo seems like the lonely old guy that crushes beers and has nothing better to do with his time ;)

After last season, and with all I have going on with work and remodeling my house during this upcoming season, my goal is simply to spend 50 days total over the next 4+ months in the woods decompressing and doing what I love.

It is not going to be easy but I am going to give it hell.

Last edited:
Me too!

I still have my job. They seem to be hurting for people and I averaged 143% on Saturday, 116% on Sunday and somewhere in between on Monday. I had a manager from another department come up to me and say he see’s the things I do and we talk about corporate culture and such. On Monday my big boss tracked me down, thanked me and told me he told the intermediate managers to leave me alone and let me work.

Still waiting on cooler weather. Haven’t been to my hunting property since January, it was 107 there today according to my weather app.

Did have our first ever tea party today and that’s pretty damn high on my list as father. She picked the tea set and dress.
View attachment 291504
Glad it worked out. I haven’t been around in awhile and I was worried for you and the family as I was going through this thread.

Top goal this year is to have an elk respond to my calls. I’m not a natural caller at all. My hearing sucks and I’m tone deaf. But I’ve worked a lot and for some reason things clicked this year with the diaphragms. I’d lose my mind if I got a response bugle.
UPDATE

He responded and came in. Definitely my top hunting experience in 30 years of hunting. IMG_5283.jpeg

What’s your top goal? I want you to think about this. Really challenge yourself to pick the 1. I could talk about my knees, killing a mature mule deer buck, harvesting a critter on my new property.

My long term goal has been termed the Hamm Slam. This goal specifically is to harvest mature big game on my land in Montana; elk, whitetail, mule deer, and finally a moose. That last one will take a minute.

The challenge is to narrow it down to the most critical goal for this season, but I’ve got it. I want to kill a bull this year. When I lived back in Montana 20 years ago I killed a bull nearly every year, but life changed that. I moved to Washington, and my goals shifted. I was in a seriously shitty relationship that gradually nearly eliminated all my hobbies. My opportunities and time became limited, so I focused on what I had. That was time and opportunity to hunt deer. I haven‘t killed a bull in 22 years, and I’ve killed 9.

I am hunting Washington archery elk, and all seasons in Montana. The dream would be to kill a bull with my bow, but I’ll be stoked to harvest any bull at all this year. My actions will be to get out every moment I can and hunt hard. I’ll also be learning a ton. Currently I’m shooting at least every other day, and 3D shooting a minimum of 3 times a week at Spokane Valley Archery. I am also listening to loads of podcasts and calling my brains out in my truck.

I’ll try to keep you guys updated, and look forward to you doing the same!
HAVE FUN!!!!

Glad it worked out. I haven’t been around in awhile and I was worried for you and the family as I was going through this thread.
Thank you! It’s all turning back around. We’re getting rain and the temps are dropping. Work is letting me do my thing and run high numbers, they even let me off today to go car shopping with the wife.

Im starting to think about hunting finally, even ordered a new sleeping bag. 😂

What’s your top goal? I want you to think about this. Really challenge yourself to pick the 1. I could talk about my knees, killing a mature mule deer buck, harvesting a critter on my new property.

My long term goal has been termed the Hamm Slam. This goal specifically is to harvest mature big game on my land in Montana; elk, whitetail, mule deer, and finally a moose. That last one will take a minute.

The challenge is to narrow it down to the most critical goal for this season, but I’ve got it. I want to kill a bull this year. When I lived back in Montana 20 years ago I killed a bull nearly every year, but life changed that. I moved to Washington, and my goals shifted. I was in a seriously shitty relationship that gradually nearly eliminated all my hobbies. My opportunities and time became limited, so I focused on what I had. That was time and opportunity to hunt deer. I haven‘t killed a bull in 22 years, and I’ve killed 9.

I am hunting Washington archery elk, and all seasons in Montana. The dream would be to kill a bull with my bow, but I’ll be stoked to harvest any bull at all this year. My actions will be to get out every moment I can and hunt hard. I’ll also be learning a ton. Currently I’m shooting at least every other day, and 3D shooting a minimum of 3 times a week at Spokane Valley Archery. I am also listening to loads of podcasts and calling my brains out in my truck.

I’ll try to keep you guys updated, and look forward to you doing the same!
I want to fill both my elk tags.

My goal this year is to harvest a whitetail buck that tops previous year bucks and harvest 2-3 other deer. Also harvest a fall turkey, phesant, and duck.

Back