What is the hardest/best DS tag to draw in AK for a NR?

WesternRookie

I looked at last years draw results and see the total number of applications, permits available, and % of success based on that.......but its hard to make sense of a unit with 50 tags available vs a unit with 3 tags available as far as which is more desirable.

If you could rank the hardest/most coveted DS tags to draw in AK (based on chances of killing a 40" ram), what would the top 2 or 3 be?

I don’t know the DS numbers but I’d guess they’re 13D, 14C and TMA

I think Delta ranks after those but I really don’t know.

Are you a resident or NR?

There are not "trophy" sheep tags in AK, IMO. Some of the biggest sheep killed every year are on harvest tickets OTC. The odd giant is taken on draw tags, usually by people who have hours upon hours of air time scouting before season...

I wouldn't waste $5 on a Tok permit next year.

Are you a resident or NR?

There are not "trophy" sheep tags in AK, IMO. Some of the biggest sheep killed every year are on harvest tickets OTC. The odd giant is taken on draw tags, usually by people who have hours upon hours of air time scouting before season...

I wouldn't waste $5 on a Tok permit next year.
Agree, I had a 1st season TOK tag in 2013. Hunted our asses off over 10 days. Saw 1 legal ram. Was lucky to put him down. I see they slashed the tag numbers in there this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back