What do you do with replaceable blades?

wolfpup

For my birthday a friend got me a cheaper replaceable blade knife. I got an elk Saturday night so I tried it out. Gutless method and I switched blades halfway through and it was fantastic so it earned a spot in my pack from here on out. So my question is what do you guys do with the blades after you switch it out, then what do you do when you get home? I had to put my used blade in with the 3 replacements in the container it came in but when I got home I had a conundrum.... my wife is going to put them in a sharps container when she gets to the hospital this week but just curious what you guys are doing with them after use?

I will self-identify as a cheap SOB but I sharpen them and use them again... and again. I got the Outdoor Edge EDC knife almost three years ago and it came with five extra blades. I'm on blade #2 after I chipped the first one. I think I put that blade in a Gatorade bottle and put it in the trash.

This probably is the most approved option but stand them up with the point down and I step on them and drive them into the ground

same here. many wraps of gorilla tape then in the trash

in the field i put the old one in the sleeve the new one came in. then wrap that in duct tape and toss it when i'm home

Genius .. I carry electrical tape in my bag ... that seems like to best way to handle it and dispose of it at home!

I will self-identify as a cheap SOB but I sharpen them and use them again... and again. I got the Outdoor Edge EDC knife almost three years ago and it came with five extra blades. I'm on blade #2 after I chipped the first one. I think I put that blade in a Gatorade bottle and put it in the trash.
+1

It is not difficult to resharpen them. I get mine shaving sharp again and put them back int he rotation.

I carry tags, tape, havalon, blades, etc. in a gallon ziplock in my pack. When a blade gets dull, put the old blade in the little package it came in. Then, When I get home, I put that in an empty water bottle or milk jug and into the trash.

Back