Yeti GOBOX Collection

What do you do in the off season?

huntlife

Im interested to know what yall do during the off season.

Mostly, I daydream about the hunting season! Plus I shoot a few (actually, I shoot a heck of a lot) archery tournaments. I need to get my butt back in the gym too. Thats on my list to get done this year!

This could be a fun thread! Ill go first I guess. . Mainly work my tail off so I can hunt as much as I can in the fall.. Being self employed has its benefits!! As a summer time hobby I team rope, and play with my guns, shoot my bow and take my kids fishing as much as possible..

Hit the gym 3 to 4 times a week working on cardio and core mixed with a lot of day hikes and fat bike riding. When it starts to warm up, all my workouts will be spent outdoors. I got into cycling 6 years ago and it's been one of the best ways to burn off any unwanted pounds. Both road and mountain bikes.

There s NO OFF season Here
"Big Game" season is the let down for us. I do hunt then too But My passion lies in Coyote hunting...
If I could afford it Id hunt them 24/7 365 !!!!!:hump:

I hunt, Trap, Fish, backpack, Camp, climb peaks, Work. Not enough hours in a day.

Every legislative session I spend a lot of time and the computer fighting sportsmans issues.

I have three seasons with very little overlap. Right now its planning season, in a little while it will warm up and become fishing season. Then it will start to cool off and turn into hunting season. When it turns cold and seasons close, then its back to planning season.

Sometimes wildlife issues but I have been overwhelmed with work lately. I like to ski "The Ridge" (see below) in the winter - I can up up for a couple hours and then come home and do some work. I also like to hike the mountains in the summer.

Attachments

• IMG_2444.JPG
    IMG_2444.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 333
I scout and explore year round now that I'm sort of retired,and work on my ranch.

No off season here in the South Pacific, just normal stuff for me...hunting and fishing on a weekly basis 12 months of the year..

With my Business, I am extremely busy April thru October, 60 to 80 hours a week, but I do take 2 weeks off every year to go on my DIY Elk hunt. and I try to workout every other day to stay in decent shape, which is becoming more of a challenge every year as I am getting older.
I like to go Fishing, but it seems like my Boat only sees the water 5 or 6 times a year.
and specially during the winter months I spend a lot of time studying maps and Google Earth preparing to my next Elk hunt.

Kevin

I'm a fishing addict so I am on the water all the time. I also try and hit the gym 3-4 times a week to stay in shape.

Mostly work. The wife and I will TRY to take a trip somewhere and it seems like Alaska has been our location of choice lately! Going for the 3rd time later this spring. Then probably a trip West to the Grand Canyon as well as other locations along a circle route through the country. I also watch as much NASCAR as I can get away with. We will hit a couple banquets such as the one for RMEF, and usually explore the dining options in several towns locally. I'll make a couple batches of venison salami during the year, and keep my smoker busy with other things like ribs, butts, whole chickens, brisket now and then, and have started doing deer roasts that turn out just like roast beef. I'll fling a few arrows now and then at my bag target but not as much as I should perhaps. Once hunting season shows up, all bets are off for what I take time to do!

Work. Family. Hike and fish in summer. Cross-country ski in winter. Canoe in the spring and summer. Gym time when it's dark, nasty and icy outside. Try to learn all I can in between. Ponder.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back