Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is heartbreaking and stupid. Runs par with the loss of HTM. If people don’t smarten up, we’re gonna lose all the great ones. Fun is fun and disagreements happen, but come on. Let’s keep it classy guys. Personal attacks are off limits. Any decent human should know this. 🤦🏻‍♂️
HTM said some funny shit but wllm was truly a grade A contributor. I don't follow all the threads closely enough to know what all the factors were that led to him going away, but it's definitely a loss to the forum, way more than HTM. Makes me laugh when people talk about how smart people want to act so damn smart all the time, conceited bastards!

wllm has always been one of my favorite contributors here and I have never gotten the idea that he would be one to leave because of something someone said on the forum. So, I have to wonder what kind of personal messages he was getting. I know there are a few wackos on here that aren't beyond sending threatening messages to someone who disagrees with their political views. Especially when it comes to gun rights. With a new baby and all, he might just want to distance his family from that sort of abuse.

This is all speculation though.

wllm has always been one of my favorite contributors here and I have never gotten the idea that he would be one to leave because of something someone said on the forum. So, I have to wonder what kind of personal messages he was getting. I know there are a few wackos on here that aren't beyond sending threatening messages to someone who disagrees with their political views. Especially when it comes to gun rights. With a new baby and all, he might just want to distance his family from that sort of abuse.

If that’s the case then those guys should get the boot.

Nothing like that, just needed to take a break. Focus on the new baby, house remodel projects, new town, full time job, and balancing life. Was just over a lot of the bs lately and decided the best thing was to take a break.

The reason he did the guest account think was to maintain the threads and things he started and contributed. He didn’t want those to disappear because of a lot of good conversation and information in them.

Nothing like that, just needed to take a break. Focus on the new baby, house remodel projects, new town, full time job, and balancing life. Was just over a lot of the bs lately and decided the best thing was to take a break.

The reason he did the guest account think was to maintain the threads and things he started and contributed. He didn’t want those to disappear because of a lot of good conversation and information in them.
I've been on forums since 2014 and seen this happen a time or two.

I think a person needs to pace themselves a bit when it comes to forums. It seems like there's a tendency sometimes for people to be really enthused about them, post a lot, and then it sort of becomes a beast that has to be fed, and eventually the person needs to step away as it's just too much.

My compromise that has emerged is that I try not to spend a lot of time posting about things not fairly directly related to the purpose of said forum. Obviously I break this rule some (like right here and now). Some of the people who I really respect follow this rule fairly closely.

I'm ready for hunting seasons to start. I'm not on hunting forums for the off topic stuff, I'm here to read about hunting.

None of us are going to lay in bed in a nursing home and wish we had bantered more in the off topic section. But that's just my opinion, and worth exactly what it cost you.

Idk, but how many times can you provide logical points on a 2a thread, have them completely disregarded, and still want to login. That's what I suspect happened...
Well, if everyone’s disregarding them, maybe they’re not great points.
Why would I let a 35 year old who didn’t think anyone should be allowed to own guns until like 8 years ago tell me about 2a?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back