What brings you luck?

When the kiddos give it to you it makes it all the sweeter.
Yep…my youngest used to tell me what letters were on it when she got bored hunting. I bet she spelled out Remington a thousand times while bored in the stand. My oldest was 5 when she got me the vest for Christmas! Wrapped it herself!

When the kiddos give it to you it makes it all the sweeter.
My daughter is six.

Last season (2021) she was really into drawing maps. Drew me a bunch of them for my hunt and I ended up killing my best mule deer so far. I connected that success to a lot of hard work and planning, but also to the major mojo brought to the hunt in those maps she made.

This year her enthusiasm for maps waned big time. I asked if she was going to draw me a map for my elk hunt. She took seven seconds, drew a squiggle or two on the back of a used envelope, and handed it to me. Then, I got my ass absolutely whooped by the elk this year. I blame her completely and will hold it against her all year.

Yep…my youngest used to tell me what letters were on it when she got bored hunting. I bet she spelled out Remington a thousand times while bored in the stand. My oldest was 5 when she got me the vest for Christmas! Wrapped it herself!
That is so awesome!!!

My daughter is six.

Last season (2021) she was really into drawing maps. Drew me a bunch of them for my hunt and I ended up killing my best mule deer so far. I connected that success to a lot of hard work and planning, but also to the major mojo brought to the hunt in those maps she made.

This year her enthusiasm for maps waned big time. I asked if she was going to draw me a map for my elk hunt. She took seven seconds, drew a squiggle or two on the back of a used envelope, and handed it to me. Then, I got my ass absolutely whooped by the elk this year. I blame her completely and will hold it against her all year.
Remember this when she wants her first car!!!

I forgot a freeze dried dinner while backpacking in for an archery mule deer hunt, and shot my first archery buck that trip. You hunt harder when you are hungry. Thats my luck.

Luck? I gots me some. Plain dumb luck.
Been wearing a VLA hunt cap for the last 5 or so years ,just for hunting .I like the brim. Not flat and not a tube bill.

20 some years ago a Zuni guy gave me a gift, for no reason. I had never met him before but had bought some stone animal effigy/carvings previously on trips to Santa Fe. A cougar, a couple bears, and a buck.
He just stated ,"your an elk hunter". You need to carry this with you and he handed me a little leather sack. Inside was a stone badger. He said a badger is for hunting elk, it is tenacity. And he walked away....

I'm sticking it in my pocket this morning when I get ready. The clear moon night , is being replaced by dense ground fog.
I'll be lucky to see anything this morning. LOL

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambushpredator
Back