What are your thoughts on this bear?

Southern Elk

I don’t really care too much about shooting a bear. This one looks bigger than the ones that I usually get trailcam pictures of. Is this a good bear for SW MT? I don’t know if I would shoot it because it would mess up my elk hunting. 7C774CDE-4564-434E-A936-CDFE24F02331.pngECC9147F-5FD3-4018-BE4E-DB3846D8CC32.png

if you have reservations about shooting a bear I would volunteer to keep your conscious clear. haha

I’d shoot it for the following reasons. If you never got a bear before, that’s reason enough. If you have; A bird (or bear) in the hand is worth two (elk) in the bush. And more people get elk every year than bears so to me it’s more noteworthy to get a bear. Plus it seems like a real nice one. Cool pics either way!

And more people get elk every year than bears so to me it’s more noteworthy to get a bear.
Interesting sentiment. If we are talking western hunting then I suspect you are right. But if we are including all the bears killed in the country (or world) I suspect those figures might flip. Think about all the bears in the upper midwest, New England, Carolinas, Canada and Alaska. None of those places have any elk.

Sorry not to be petty, the comment just got me to thinking.

To answer the OP’s question, I’d shoot that bear in a heartbeat. I don’t get all jacked up about hunting bears but that one is cool.

Interesting sentiment. If we are talking western hunting then I suspect you are right. But if we are including all the bears killed in the country (or world) I suspect those figures might flip. Think about all the bears in the upper midwest, New England, Carolinas, Canada and Alaska. None of those places have any elk.

Sorry not to be petty, the comment just got me to thinking.

To answer the OP’s question, I’d shoot that bear in a heartbeat. I don’t get all jacked up about hunting bears but that one is cool.
Touche, I was only thinking of the mountain west and more specifically Montana when I wrote that.

I’d shoot that bear and any elk that happened to walk by, too.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back