Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What are you currently reading?

Look forward to hearing what you think of the 29th day, that is on my list
Just past the 29th day. It's an easy, enjoyable read. I don't know what age the author was when he wrote it, I think 17 years old when it occurred, but feels written with more wisdom. I'd recommend it.

A few of my next McMurtry installment's random reviews...not very inspiring.

2.0 out of 5 stars"Moving on" never does
Reviewed in the United States on March 19, 2022
Verified Purchase
Moving on, never does

Reviewed in the United States on April 5, 2015
Verified Purchase
It's a pity the lead character is such a selfish bitch as this could have been a much better book. Her endless crying and selfishness overshadows good writing and McMurtrys typically good character development. Patsy makes her own misery and it's well deserved. The usual texas flavor is here but leaves a b taste in my mouth. The story went on and on and on but never really lead anywhere.
Only one I couldn't finish. Skipped around in it a little.

Just finished Extreme Ownership for the 3rd time and almost done with Fire & Blood (Game of Thrones) as we speak!

Order fire and blood for airplane ride to Maui, my wife read the first set three times which was crazy because she hates fantasy.
I am currently rereading The Long Walk by SK.

Just finished Extreme Ownership for the 3rd time and almost done with Fire & Blood (Game of Thrones) as we speak!
Have you read Endure by Cameron Hanes? If you like extreme ownership it would be right up your alley!

Just wrapped up River Swimmer by Harrison, I think it was his last novel (2013). @Hem?

Two different novellas, first was well written but a pretty bland story overall of a painted who moves back to the midwest to paint. The second is a much better story, but some weird twists, not as believable, and honestly feels like it was a rushed story without some of the more typical character and plot development.

Just wrapped up River Swimmer by Harrison, I think it was his last novel (2013). @Hem?

Two different novellas, first was well written but a pretty bland story overall of a painted who moves back to the midwest to paint. The second is a much better story, but some weird twists, not as believable, and honestly feels like it was a rushed story without some of the more typical character and plot development.
Wonder why the second seemed rushed...maybe ole Jim new the end was near....
Out of the loop for months with reading.
The New Yorker is all I can muster.

Nearly finished with Deep Survival. Not quite what I thought it was going to be like. It's more of an explanation into how the brain works. Took me until just past halfway to start appreciating the book for what it is, and I'm glad I have a personal rule to always finish a book that I start.

41+xzP4a14L._AC_SY780_.jpg

Listened to "How Jesus Became God" on the road. Pretty interesting. Would like to read it in print to check out the sources closer.

I feel like all of Gierach's books are the same.
Absolutely right.

The internet makes standard sentences sound mean, so kindness disclaimer here: that’s fairly true of any writer who has discovered their voice.

I love JG unreservedly. He’s pretty comfortable addressing the question of what the theme of his latest book is: he’d say the same as the last 20…how do we intelligently and morally interact with the natural world and act in a way that we try to preserve what is left? (I’m spitballing this as I couldn’t find the exact podcast quote I heard it on…I tried for half an hour)

He’s definitely made me 1000% more interested in streams, aquatic things, and the cognizant awareness of my connection to the waterways near me. I love that guy and want to give him the biggest hug and buy him the biggest beer and engage in a really long conversation. I can’t imagine a better authorial compliment.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back