Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What are you currently reading?

Finished reading this book. About driving cattle to Blackfoot Reservation from Texas back in late 1800's . Interesting read.

Attachments

• 20210818_165402.jpg
    20210818_165402.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Recently finished these two:
The first is a fascinating storying pitting a pair of railroad tycoons (Santa Fe and Denver-Rio Grande lines) as they find themselves in multiple head-to-head altercations to lay rail lines through contested areas (mostly in Colorado) as they work to connect the Eastern United States to the west coast.

The second is ever so slightly outdated but an eye-opening perspective of various counties and their geopolitical viewpoints. Very interesting details of relationships between countries, territories and feuds between religions and tribes, how may borders were formed as "lines on a map" by English royalty and China's global presence and continued outreach and investment.

Attachments

• IMG_6744.jpg
    IMG_6744.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7123.jpg
    IMG_7123.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
The second is ever so slightly outdated but an eye-opening perspective of various counties and their geopolitical viewpoints. Very interesting details of relationships between countries, territories and feuds between religions and tribes, how may borders were formed as "lines on a map" by English royalty and China's global presence and continued outreach and investment.
The geography book sounds interesting. I read a report once that said the reason Europe developed as a bunch of small countries with their own separate languages & cultures was that the major rivers all run directly to the sea, rather than interconnecting the way the Missouri, Ohio, Mississippi etc rivers in North America come together. Europe’s lack of geographical interconnectivity led to isolated cultures, which had predictable political and historical results.

Not currently reading it, but I just finished maybe the best book I ever read. "A land remembered" by Patrick Smith

Just finished Jack Carr's 4th book: Devil's Hand. I've heard he's working on another, can't wait.

I just finished the" The Final Frontiersman", about Heimo and Edna Korth. It a good book.

About halfway through Nomadland. Lots of folks living in vans who were formerly well employed, but lost it all in the 2008 recession and, through factories closed.

Interesting read, and makes you feel so blessed to have a home.

I was looking for something to read on my phone while elk hunting/camping. This popped up as being free in the Apple book store. I have never read a book on my phone but thought I’d give it a try. It was an easy and entertaining read. Looks like there are 9 books in the series and I will have to buy the next one. Has anyone read any of books 2-9?
93897A53-B711-42FC-A97D-7FDD7B7FE4D6.png

Just finished Burke's "Another Kind of Eden"...formulaic build up to a poor ending. Disappointing...

I'm Reading a collection of short stories my father gave me. I looked and it is available on Amazon.

s-l640.jpg

Horned Moons & Savage Santas is a collection of some of the best stories ever written by such re-nowned sporting legends as Ernest Hemingway, Robert Ruark, Gordon MacQuarrie, Howard Walden, Jack O’Connor, Arthur Macdougall, Robert Murphy, and many, many more. With more than fifty superb illustrations, this book is destined to become a classic in its own right.

Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for hunters and firearms enthusiasts. We publish books about shotguns, rifles, handguns, target shooting, gun collecting, self-defense, archery, ammunition, knives, gunsmithing, gun repair, and wilderness survival. We publish books on deer hunting, big game hunting, small game hunting, wing shooting, turkey hunting, deer stands, duck blinds, bowhunting, wing shooting, hunting dogs, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back