Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

What are you currently reading?

Starting That Wild Country: An Epic Journey through the Past, Present, and Future of America's Public Lands by Mark Kenyon. Just finished The Naturalist by Andrew Mayne.

Just finished - Thank you for my service by Mat Best.

As someone who does not have a military background, I found it interesting.

Worth Buying? I like all the books written by Veterans like Lone Survivor, American Sniper, The Reaper Series, No Easy Day, Unbroken to name a few. All great reads to anyone interested in first hand military accounts.

Worth Buying? I like all the books written by Veterans like Lone Survivor, American Sniper, The Reaper Series, No Easy Day, Unbroken to name a few. All great reads to anyone interested in first hand military accounts.

It was for me.

It may be a bit different than those books, though.

Mat Best is the poster child for Black Rifle Coffee and if you like their videos and adds then you will like the book.

It isn't strictly a book full of war, there is a fair amount of lube and crude moments.

It is a highschool nerd and his journey through the military (Army Rangers) into adulthood and entrepreneurship.

It was for me.

It may be a bit different than those books, though.

Mat Best is the poster child for Black Rifle Coffee and if you like their videos and adds then you will like the book.

It isn't strictly a book full of war, there is a fair amount of lube and crude moments.

It is a highschool nerd and his journey through the military (Army Rangers) into adulthood and entrepreneurship.

Thanks, Yes I do like Black Rifle Coffee's stuff including the coffee, So I may have to purchase this book. Thanks for the response.

Lots of books here going on my amazon wishlist. I'm currently reading Montana Land of Giant Rams Volume 3. Just finished Leaving Cheyenne by Larry Mcmurtry. Not as good as Lonesome Dove but a much quicker read

Just started Charles Bukowski's "Tales of Ordinary Madness". It took years for me to finish McCormac's "Suttree".....Bukowski's peculiar prose is eerily similar.

This sounds bad, but I picked up a copy of "Hunting Big Mule Deer" by Robby Denning. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and with CWD/Global warming/O&G/MT FWP trying to exterminate mule deer I'd better git while the gittin' good 'nough

Read David Baldacci's Will Robie Series of books, GOOD books. Here is his description of the series-
"America has enemies — ruthless people that the police, the FBI, even the military can’t stop. To combat them, the U.S. government calls on Will Robie, a stone-cold hitman who never questions orders and always nails his target. "
Definitely would recommend!

Just finished The Righteous Mind by Haidt. It is a good read despite the academic style. The points made are around how our minds work when making moral decisions or judgements. His rider and elephant metaphor is, I think, dead on.

Starting Quo Vadis now.

I just reread a Wilderness Series book by David Thompson. They're small and fit into my pack. Good books not great, I started reading them when I was ten or so. About a mountain man trapper.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back