PEAX Equipment

West Yellowstone MT

Surf-N-Turf

Hi Everyone,
My wife and I want to take a trip to West Yellowstone this winter, and rent two snowmobiles, for guided trips. Would anyone have any recommendations for lodging, rentals, etc.? We've never been out there.
Thanks in Advance,
Gregory

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western Desert Inn this past weekend. Room was clean, continental breakfast was decent, rate was surprisingly cheap for a place like West Yellowstone. I'd have no issues staying there again.

I don't stay in West Yellowstone, but I do like Bullwinkle's for food. Absolutely make sure you have rervations as stuff closes some in the winter. And check out the Grizzly Discovery Center.

Definitely do the grizzly and wolf discovery center. My infant fell on an observation platform years ago, and the alpha male actually came off the hill like he was coming to meal time. Thank god for the fence. He never quit looking at him until we walked off. Kinda cool and earie all at the same time.

Sorry no recomendations on the rentals but I'll also vouch for Bullwinkles.

Been to west Yellowstone for back country ridding a few times. I've only rented sleds once and not sure the name of place but they rented Polaris sleds, real nice and easy going place. I know they did Yellowstone tours too. I had a buddy rent from the ski-do dealer/rental place and had a bit more troubles with them.

look into west Yellowstone cabin rentals many times you can rent a house or cabin cheaper than staying in a motel
best friends son works for one of the Polaris rental shops in west
we have been there 15 of the last 20 years we now stay in island park Id rent a house
we bring our own sleds will out there the end of February
you will need a guide to ride in the park
anything out side the park is well marked and most trails are groomed most every night

Check out the wagon wheel campground. They do have cabins, but am not sure they are open in the winter. GJ

We booked a three night two day trip package with Two Top Adventures. Two sleds and two guided days into the park. Will be staying at the Best Western. Pretty easy to work with and they didn't need to charge the whole package on my card today either (like another vendor). $50 down/person holds the trip. Thanks for all the tips!! Gregory

We were there last week. We didn't snowmobile, but our kids had a blast sledding and skating at the park in town. I second Wild West Pizza. It's my favorite place in town.

Good deal, hope you have some blue bird days. Never been in the park but a beautiful area.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back