Yeti GOBOX Collection

went to the range today

tnctcb

just as i was leaving this guy pulled up. he was telling me how he was sitting around with roy weatherby and john browning when he was a kid and heard the discussion about how the 300 weatherby was developed. apparentlly ole' roy was explaining to john how the angle of a cartridges neck had no bearing after 35 degrees and to prove it he just ran into his shed and whipped up the 300 weatherby with a 90 degree angle neck.while i found this a bit out there i guess it COULD have happened.
then he proceeded to tell me about 2000 ( yes thats 2000) pound wild hogs in oregon where he is from. finally he told me about his 115 pound draw compound bow and shooting at a doe with it at 600 yards and the arrow being deflected at about 450. when i mentioned this forum he said he didnt participate in internet boards because everyone is an armchair expert. i had to laugh at that comment

Come on Tim,,you didn't go shooting with Del did ya?? :D :D :D Just kiding Del,,Thought I'd get ya before Geek :D

How did the 300 shoot Tim???

Hunterman(Tony)

Tim - I think ol' John Moses Browning was long gone before Roy Weatherby came up with the .270 Weatherby, which was the first of his cartridges, I believe.

You've got to stop looking so gullible, Tim! :eek: We all know that no one but Moosie can hit anything with a bow at 450 yards, much less 600!!! ;) And that is with his special 250 pound recurve....

I know him too, only when he told me the story he was hunting antelope with his bow. This is one of my favorite stories.

He started chasing the antelope (on foot) down a scoria road. He started to draw while running and planted his foot to stop and aim (at a running speed goat). Well, wouldn't ya know it had just rained and as he released his foot slipped out from underneath him,sending his arrow far off the mark. Miraculously his arrow ricocheted off of a rock (a 10 minute explanation ensued about this perfect, flat rock that was just meant to be there to ricochet his arrow) and barely clipped the antelope by the back of the leg. He thought the antelope was long gone until he saw it fall right over. You see in another miracalous turn of events, he clipped the femoral artery of the antelope, which caused it to bleed out and die within seconds.

I only wish that lady luck can caress me like that someday.

My wife , and sons say I am that guy.

Right after we got our mix pitbull/lab people would ask me what kind of puppy it was, she was 6-8 weeks old. I told them it was a KAHLUAN CUR (her name is Kahlua). They were specially bred in the swamps of Lousiana to keep the gators form killing the stock, and domesticated animals. There were less than 100 PURE KAHLUAN CURS in the world, but they were becoming popular because of their tenacity for protecting home and property. How they had found gators in Lousiana dead with severed head of a KAHLUAN CUR still holding onto the neck of the gator, even in death they don't surrender. I told them how expensive they were, about $15,000 apiece (plus shipping and handling)
It took about three weeks for the story to circulate around to my sons, then my wife. Then someone called the house wanting to know who the breeder was. Kahula is 9 years old now. Last summer we were at the Lake (no human swimming allowed) and Kahlua being part lab loves the water, she was swimming around, my wife and I were throwing sticks for her to fetch, and a couple walked past and the guy said to the girl, "Look its that Alligator dog!!!" My wife hit me on the back of the head. Good thing my KAHLUAN CUR didn't see that.

My guess is he is confusing what he did on one of those hunting video game for reality.

I once killed polar bear on one of those games with a longbow from about 1/2 mile away.

the 300 didnt shoot very well tony thats why they were out shooting it. oh wait they were shooting old and i mean really old 22 rifles. i guess when you have all that experience you only need to shoot your 22

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back