Went out chasing bears.

Rogue 6

Well I found out where to turkey hunt this season. Saw a lot of deer found a few nice sheds, AND I got me a real nice case of poison oak. Hopefully this warm weather will open up the high country to get me out of the oaks.
Did anyone have any real luck yet this season?

Season opens up April 15th. We'll compaire note in 2 weeks

Good luck to ya !!!

Uhhhhhh season opens up one week from today moosie but if you wanna wait 2 weeks thats fine with me........ you going to add to your collection of cubs or actually going to target a nice one this yr..........hehehehehe

I will add a Nice one this year...

My goal is to have you Tree one, then Call me Via Cell hone And I'll shoot it

I'm actually gonig to Set out bait opening weekend then lave it alone for 2 weeks... If I can Hold out
elkgrin.gif

Gatoman,
Looking at that walker hound on your post really brings back some crazy memories. I used to love hound hunting. If Oregon ever reopened a good pack would be incredible.
Moosie having you call reminds me of a hunt I helped with. Some fat client wouldn't walk to tree if it was to far. Then the bears close to road where to small. Then we finally get a decent bear up and the lazy bum strolled down to the tree and processed to wound this bad boy (with his monster/killer whatever the hell magnum) at 25 yards and make a mess with the dogs and raise all hell. Well it was a real adventure.

Rogue...... I don't think the law ever stopped any of the hardcore players in the game, theres lots of guys still at it, I finally moved out of the state in 2000, 6 yrs after the ban.

Moosie...... you know I don't go for those canned hunts. Besides I don't even own a cell phone to call you from the mnt....lol. We did kill a few whoppers last yr, I killed one on the ground bayed up that pushed 400. I will try and capture a still onto a memory stick from my video and post it so you can know what a nice ID bear looks like.

Here ya go Moosie, this is what a nice ID bear looks like......my cousin is posed with this bear it was suppose to be his but he could'nt keep up with the steady walking fight this guy put up on the ground before I had to wade into the battle and end things, at one point bear and dogs were within 10-12 ft of me.
132866.JPG

132854.JPG

Heres a nice pumpkin headed bear I caught several times last yr in a draw unit, he should be still alive unless someone whacked him during deer season in october because I treed him last day of hound season and left him.
132857.JPG

132856.JPG

GatoMan,
I know your right, there are still alot of bobcat and raccoon hunters out there. More power to them. Hound hunting is the most physical hunting there is. If you don't do it much you'll get smoked.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back