Well now I'm just going to Subaru even harder

I want to add some to my pickup. Be nice heading up the mountain in the dark. mtmuley
Pretty easy to do. Most difficult part is routing the hot wire from the switch to the lights. Tons of switches available on Amazon to find something that looks like it belongs.

Don't Subaru too hard or you'll be pulling that FB25 like me to replace the rings if the walls aren't gouged to hell. #1 was at 55psi, and #4 is well...

IMG_20220827_125432674.jpg

Don't Subaru too hard or you'll be pulling that FB25 like me to replace the rings if the walls aren't gouged to hell. #1 was at 55psi, and #4 is well...

View attachment 236766
Oof. Mine has the very common oil consumption issue. Thankfully it seems to have plenty of power. Haven't tried a compression test just to see how things are though.

I did have to put a valve body in it (shocker). But now I have 3 good solenoids should it happen again.

Check engine light for misfire codes?
Yep, #1 and #4 misfire code and then it started randomly stalling. It's had oil consumption issues since we bought it at 30k, it'd be at the bottom of the stick at every oil change interval. Was just mileaged out of the class action by about 6,000 whenever that was a couple years back.

Oof. Mine has the very common oil consumption issue. Thankfully it seems to have plenty of power. Haven't tried a compression test just to see how things are though.

I did have to put a valve body in it (shocker). But now I have 3 good solenoids should it happen again.

Ah, mine's a 5 speed with 165k on it. It's been coming down the pipe for a while and always used oil too. First showed a misfire on the low compression cylinders and then would start occasionally stalling when I'd push the clutch in. I'll have to drive the truck for a while now. For shame...

When the time comes, the $35 harbor freight tester with the flexible hoses is by far and a way the easiest to use. I had borrowed a buddies unit (snap-on) from his shop and it was a huge pain/impossible to get at the plug holes.

That sucks. Had a few buddies with similar problems with them. The turbo ones were really bad I hear.

When I bought my 06 Forester eight years ago, they had just redone the head gaskets. That was a major selling point for me, as it seemed inevitable that would need to be done at some point. She's been super reliable for me, and she is one stealthy meat packer. There is a cow elk, two whitetail does, and one nice mule deer buck getting a ride in this pic.
20211114_075801.jpg

When I bought my 06 Forester eight years ago, they had just redone the head gaskets. That was a major selling point for me, as it seemed inevitable that would need to be done at some point. She's been super reliable for me, and she is one stealthy meat packer. There is a cow elk, two whitetail does, and one nice mule deer buck getting a ride in this pic.
View attachment 237401
I would love to have a 5 speed turbo of that body style.

View attachment 237401
Looks like a pressure cooker to me.

View attachment 237401
That's likely to be me this year. My Dodge Cummins will be sitting at home for sure this season due to fuel costs. My Subaru Forester will be used, but I will be using a tarp in the back for the deer! I don't want to smell deer blood for the next 2 years!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back