Well Moosie

Idaho_Smiley

I had your cat for you thisweek. We caught one nice tom and one just a little over average average . I think they will both should be close to 14 1/2 ", not boone and crocket but both easily over pope and young .
If I get pictures I will somehow get them posted . but had a problem withthe guy I hunted with .so I dont know if I will get any pictures. And you know I dont carry a camara.
One cat went just a little over 150 the other was just under 140. niether was a toad but both descent cats .

Sound like nice cats Smiley! My dad cold trailed a big footed tom yesterday for most the day but never jumped him. He was wandering around in some real rocky country and the dogs just couldn't move it fast enough to warm it up.

Good luck and get some more in a tree,

HS

UUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh... thats strike 2 for me this year ;)

Kudos on the Kat's bro !!!

We caught both cats in the cliffs

But luckily they were kinda isolated and couldnt get to far over the top before the dogs could make it around and stop them .

Yeah, this was an area that was nasty. Thick timber, cliffs and steep mountains all around with tons of brush...to top it off, the snow was melting so the drips off the trees were washing the scent out real bad.

Get anymore treed yet, been a few days!??

Nope

I got to stay home and watch the kids while mamma went shopping , guess its ok as I had the last month of saturdays . I will be going out this next weekend . The conditions are horrible right now melting during the day and froze solid at night .

Yeah, same conditions here. Tear the hell out of the dogs feet early in the morn before it starts softening up. Supposed to get some fresh stuff here in the next few days though!

My dad left for Orofino yesterday to guide for 7 days, so hopefully he'll have a lion pic or two when he gets back. (and no, i dont live with him, he lives in ID, I live in MT)

No, not personally, I have several freinds that do though. Your dad working for him or just doing a personal favor for him. Is Duncan hunting much in NV anymore?

We've known George for a long time but my dad just started guiding deer, elk and lion hunters last year.

I'm not sure how much hunting he does down there, but he has invited my dad down to work for him down there.

Hornseeker was'nt it you that knew of the blankenships when they were up in WA? They know duncan pretty well, anyways old fellar here I hunt with time to time, taught george the trade of saw filing yrs ago. I hunted whitetail up there in orofino this yr for first time, I was amazed at the amount of cat sign and the conditions, it looked like the western cascades, alot of the same type of ground cover, mossy covered ground, ferns, reprod thickets.

My dad knows the Blankenships, the only time I met one of them was 20+ years ago, I was a little kid and we were with them running a bear at night, still remember it vividly.

Yeah, that country has got some cats and bears (whitetails toooo). Definitely very similar to western WA. Up through the St. Joe is just like it too.

Saw filing.....chains or like big circular blades or what???

George is a pretty good BSer, but most outfitters have to be dont they....

This guy sharpens anything that cuts, hes got a pic in his shop of one circular blade thats probably 8 ft round on the back of his pickup.....I know what you mean about George being a BSer, thats exactly what this old fella told me....lol. He tells me storys of a younger george and some of the yarns he could tell. Does george have a hard time keeping help around, cause almost every other guy I talk to has either guided for him or was going to.....??? Where is georges area do you know....I know Travis Regeear has alot of area around the resevior, is georges area further north past headquarters?

I'm not even sure where his area is, haven't really been there, just listen to my dad talk about it a bit. Its a big areal, I do know that. I also know that they drive 1 1/2 hours from Georges somedays to hunt, but not that far other days.....

He gets new guides quite a bit, but from what I"ve seen there really aren't that many outfitters that keep the same guides around for years and years. Maybe one of them will stay long term, then the others are 1-3 years?

Some of the stories my dad tells are hilarious, about these new guides. Last year and this year George hired a guy (diff guy each year) that graduated from some big "guide school" in Colorado. They end up fired before their first hunt is over and the kicker is both of them maxed out several credit cards at Cabelas to get all geared up with the high rollin chit that guides have to have....hehehe Unreal.

I think George use to run a school himself if not mistaken, I know a guy that helped him he said they fed the kids chicken for every meal.....george said it was cheap...lol.

heheehe, Yeah, he ran one years ago.

Boy, the weather didn't turn out at all, I bet those guys are looking hard for snow. My dads dogs will strike one off the box, but without snow he wont know if its a bob, lion or a bear thats not sleepy.

The bobcat sign I seen up there was unreal, every skid rd I walked down up there had tracks going both ways on it. Where I was at , several of the rds were pretty sandy and held a track pretty good without snow, don't know where there at but it would help.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back