Well, here it goes.

npaden, your experience seems to mirror ours concerning caught animals with minimal damage.
Sytes, sorry about the above mis-spelling. Glad to hear that you aren't going over to the other side anytime soon. Good to see someone with a dog loose but in control. After years of seeing Millers pictures of his dogs afield, I sorta doubt that his Labs are guilty of boat ramp terrorism. I guess that I just wish I would see a larger number of dog owners take just a bit of the responsibility they request from trappers.

Trapping is a necessity and way of life. It's an extremely effective management tool. Before I took the wolf trapping class this last summer I had some wrong perceptions of trapping. After learning more about it the guys who truly trap care more and have a greater understanding of the wild then almost any hunter. We need to remember that the wild is WILD. That means every animal death will not be quick and clean. That is nature whether we think it's fair or not. If we lose trapping, hunting will be next. People will start complaining about dogs and pets being shot and then they will try to restrict hunting in so many areas which is already happening. Really what this comes down to for me is that people are dishonest and greedy. If everyone had quality ethics and an honest heart we wouldn't have all these problems and people bitching about them. If you step foot out in the wild expect the unexpected. It's the real world out there and people need to remember that.

Edited: Good info. MTA website would be an inexpensive means to assist in this education. That and highlighting trapper's influential role in respect for all using our land and the continued efforts to do just that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back