MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Well happy friggin election Oregon... :(

30 day pause on the permit to purchase requirement.

Yup but just on the permit portion of the prop, the rest goes through (for now) it seems. SW is clearing mags off the shelves as we speak.

Yup but just on the permit portion of the prop, the rest goes through (for now) it seems. SW is clearing mags off the shelves as we speak.
How I read it, this is for all of it. Not just permit part. This is a separate filing from a judge on the east side. I could be wrong though.
1670361755061.png

I do believe we're gonna need a permit despite what all the different forum constitutional scholars think
Permits may stand if “narrowly tailored”. I haven’t read the OR language so can’t speak to that directly, but the Heller line of cases still allows “necessary” rules provided to deny gun access to enumerated “bad actors”.

Permits may stand if “narrowly tailored”. I haven’t read the OR language so can’t speak to that directly, but the Heller line of cases still allows “necessary” rules provided to deny gun access to enumerated “bad actors”.

I do expect it to stand in the long term. It's essentially "shall issue".

The biggest problem with this thing is the implementation. It was a feel good measure that was voted in without sufficient funding or guard rails, and our law says it's active one month after the election. 30 days to create a permit system that relies on law enforcement certification is impossible.

It will have an injunction, OSP will develop a system, it will likely stand court challenges, we won't like it, life goes on.

Many aspects in life that goes on... all depends when the figurative pitchforks come out. Hunt related examples: Corner crossing, crossbows, etc. Gun Control related: New York gun control measure figuratively, shotdown by SCOTUS.

Feb. 8th is the new day we all need to rush out and buy guns.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back