Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Well George P.

Tobey

Tell us how your first day of training whent.

They mooved that bear quick when he started getting into the garbage and bothering the gest at one of the fishing lodges.They never told me untill after he was gone.Would of loved to take a few young dogs over when he was in the trapp for a 1/2 hr. or so LOL

Had a pretty decent day, I was too beat last night to post anything !!! I had a hard time getting a start. The bears are into the berries here and there are berries everywhere. We started at 530 and didnt get a track till 10 am. Found where a small bear was in some blueberries. I cast Spot and Whitey out. I heard Spot open one bark and sent that new dog Boone,the one from Washington, to him. It was a pretty decent track. Spot doesnt say a whole lot going out but Boone got to him OK. They went almost out of hearing and jumped the bear.
Whitey had gone in a different direction and never got hooked in. That bear must have traveled 15 miles I swear. He crossed 4 or 5 different roads but we never got in front of him. Wicked good race to get the dogs in shape. I never got another dog into Spot and Boone. I couldnt even get a beep on them for about 2 hours !! I finally caught up to them around 430.They were in a huge swamp and had lost the bear. I think they just got out run.
I did get some positives out of the running. Spot, with the leg with all the pins in it ,never looked better. Long, long, run like that first time out I figured he would be hobbling bad. Hardly even a limp !! I was really excited about that. I know one thing about the new dog Boone. He is a tough SOB !! He finished that run and was still pulling on the leash to go. I could have ran him again last night .LOL
Havent heard from your friend Tim yet. Probably will this week.

Ok George I see your post.Sounds like you had some fun Sunday with the dogs,and found out some about your new one.
I thought them Park Bears all treed easy LOL.
Have you had a chanch to get out again ????
The barryes are ripening up fast here and the bears are getting onto them.

Going in the morning dale. I am going to rig for abot 2 hrs ,if i dont get a strike I am going into work. Figure I will do that a few times each week so that when i take a whole day off it will be because we are running.Between that and the weekends I should get out about 3 or 4 times a week during training season. I can hardly wait to get up and run with you.Have you messed around with the dogs at all? You must be pretty anxious yourself arent you? You know whats kind of funny though. I think I get more strikes between 8 and 10 then earlier sometimes.I will probably be heading to work at just the wrong time with my luck.
What day can we start baiting? the 26 or 27 of July. There will be a short training season in Maine this year huh? Aug 1 till Aug26 right? How far are you from Errol? I was thinking of maybe heading up there next weekend to run.There are at least twice as many bears there as down here.I thought you might want to meet there and get a run.

hey george p,
we had a heck of a coyote race today. got 4 new dogs from kirt and they did great. ran a yote hard for 3 hours finished him with 8 head of dogs on him. been running 3 or 4 times a week and the hounds are kicking butt ! good luck with the bear hunts.

bear bait

Hey George,
You mean your dogs can't strike a three day old track :D :D :D Sounds like you had fun.....good luck and keep us posted on how your doing. Tobey....bet all this talk bout bear huntins got ya a little anxious huh?....makes me want to drive across the U.S. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back