Well fattened bucks

Well I learned something. Would have bet a lot of money antelope were bigger than this. Someone needs to do this with coues deer
 
Well I learned something. Would have bet a lot of money antelope were bigger than this. Someone needs to do this with coues deer
Imagine the conversation that have been had at cut shops from people meat being stole on antelope. I’ve never weighed one I probably will this year to be cool but I’m not surprised with how many I’ve loaded into my pack and just done a single trip out
 
Imagine the conversation that have been had at cut shops from people meat being stole on antelope. I’ve never weighed one I probably will this year to be cool but I’m not surprised with how many I’ve loaded into my pack and just done a single trip out
Two tripping an antelope is kinda funny, but I've never shot a well fattened one.
 
Last year my buddy and I packed two does and a buck out 2 1/2 miles in one load. From that I can say 1.5 antelope is about the weight of half a mature muley buck.
 
This all makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. Right out of college back when I stupidly used my vacation time to guide hunters I remember putting the front legs of an antelope over my shoulders like a backpack and packing it out. I thought I was such a badass which compared to my 150 year old client I probably was but it all makes sense now since I guarantee the whole college volleyball team could probably out squat me easily.
 
A good friend has shot 2 mature bucks in Wyoming the past 2 years. He flies and takes the meat back in an insulated fish box. Boned meat weighed 44 pounds last year, 47 pounds this year.
 
Every antelope buck that has been shot by my wife or I ( as well as my brothers come to think of it) has been gutted and carried out whole and every one of them has been between 88 and 92 lbs. That is skin on, legs on, head on whole minus the guts.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,155
Messages
2,251,558
Members
39,103
Latest member
s bic
Back
Top