Yeti GOBOX Collection

Welcome Fellow NAHC Members

How'do Chas! If you read everything I've typed here, then I don't need to tell ya where I stand. But you are right about the strength of "US"!
biggrin.gif

There goes the neighborhood.

Hey Chas the natives are getting restless on the lifers board over your banishment and Paws' absence.

Webby even made an appearance saying that Paws is welcome back anytime he wants...gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. I just love that Webby.

Chas, don't get excited, the same offer was not made to you.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-05-2004 19:37: Message edited by: Toonces ]</font>

Toonces; Webby speaks with forked tongue!
rolleyes.gif
At sign in I am informed that my membership has expired.
biggrin.gif
Doesn't matter anyway; my best friend DaGriz is pissed at me and I think we probably won't be talking to one another anymore. As the Beatles said "Life Goes On!"
frown.gif
I do miss the guys; not NAHC though!!

Toonces,
Too funny!! I'll have to check my deodorant I guess!
biggrin.gif
Snubbed by the webbitch! Give him a cookie for me(if he sits up and begs!!)I really like Nick's post "We told him." If I'm not mistaken that's his first and ONLY post to me EVER!
Coffee,
It's been coming for a while. Like the song says "We didnt' start the fire..." Just glad to see the "smoke & mirror" show falling apart!!
Paws,
What'd you do to the goat??
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Chas

Buried the goat four years ago. Stray dogs killed her; why?
confused.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-05-2004 20:17: Message edited by: pawclaws ]</font>

Hey, Paws-
I just ghosted in after several days of being indisposed (riot at the jail). While reviewing this topic, I read the link you posted, and I thought part of it bears repeating...
"The biggest problem with the UN right now is the US. The UN is simply a coalition of almost 200 countries that try to work together to find a way to bring peace and help end suffering. The US is a rogue state right now, more concerned with her own international policies and self-interests than those of the world around her. While the US is assessed the largest budget payment, this payment is, on a per-capita basis, the same as Canada's. The difference is Canada pays it, while the US has a history of not making these payments on time, and making them with certain riders and demands."
Gee, I'm smart, doncha think? ;)

IMHO you are smart! Why? Don't you think you are? :D Now, did you consider the source who made all those salient points? Tell us about the riot.

"The US is a rogue state right now, more concerned with her own international policies and self-interests than those of the world around her."

What is your point? Every nation in world is ultimately a rogue nation. That is the nature of international politics. The UN is a sham, always has been, always will be. The only way to make the UN a viable organization is for it to have power and the only way it will ever have power is if the soveriegn nations of the world give up some measure of their own soveriegnty. Then all that would happen is the UN itself would just become another independant "rogue" entity.

Don't you get it YH? Diplomacy is about soveriegn states wielding power in an effort to achieve self interest. There is nothing right or wrong about that. Diplomacy by nature is amoral.

"Diplomacy is about soveriegn states wielding power in an effort to achieve self interest." Damn! That needs to be in a Political Science text somewhere. (By George; I think he's got it!) :D

Actually, I always thought diplomacy was the mouthpiece of one nation warning the other that they WILL wield their power under a guise of a selfless act WHILE forfilling their self interest.

Chas

Making myself hungry! :D Oh man! How about this:

Homefries with chopped onion and green peppers. Taters browned near crisp with a few bacon bits scattered around. A pan full of cathead buttermilk biscuits with a pot of sausage gravy beside. A pile of soft fried eggs warming a turkey platter. A pile of thick cut hickory smoked pepper bacon fried up brown with the grease gettin sopped up on the paper towels. (The kind Griz likes.) A great tall stack of light hotcakes rising to the roof. A couple pints of honey, maple syrup, some blueberry syrup, and some sorghum for the lumber jacks. A huge pile of those little pork sausages just about ready to bust out of the skin. A pan full of dewey grits for the Southern boys. Maybe some fresh fruit alongside everything and of course a pot full of hot "blackwater" to pour out a fresh cup for everyone. How about that? :D

Man- look at the big brains on you guys!
While I agree with you, Toonces, that doesn't mean I have to like it. The idea behind the League of Nations/ UN is much more appealling to me than the actual product. However, when member nations start to turn their backs on the UN, even the idea has no merit.
Heck, what you are describing, where each country in the UN is out for it's own best interests results in nothing more than a world democracy, doesn't it?

Yes it was oce a good idea YH. Too bad how good ideas get lost in the details. You'd think that the nation's leaders are for the most part shotgun shooters accounting for their short sightedness. :rolleyes:

Tahnks a lot PAWS!! Drooled all over the keyboard and shorted it out!! :eek: Now all I can smell is BACON!!
Not necessarily shotgunners but eunics with the 4-year mentality! Any bets as to where Cheney will be "consulting" at the end of his term??
Here's a hint, starts with Hali, ends with burton!!

Chas

You are welcome! :D I think Cheney is probably in too poor health for any consulting; although my dear friend Dr Mundel was active through his 92nd birthday and then had his computer moved into his room near his death bed. One swell of a guy. Actually you know he actually did more hands on in post WW II Japan than Demming did! Anyway I digress. Cheney will retire or announce his retirement due to health reasons around July I suspect. Then I figure that Bush will be hot after Powell for the VP spot. If so, I think Powell will take it. Wonder who is going to replace Tenet after he resigns?? :D Hey keep your eye open on the NAHC chat room for a fella named "Former Life Member" (Coming soon!) :D

Paws,
Check out the lifer section. According to "Webbitch" you're not banned, and welcome back anytime!! Also, as of today, Griz posted that I was NEVER banned, according to Steve Bauer!!
Finally got the pics of my new NAHC mascot. His papered name: NAHC Webmaster Scotty. His lap call name is "Beam me up Scotty". He's a Mexican Hairless, of course, neutered(can't have a webby with BALLS!), and the best pic I've got is him sitting on Dougy's lap!! :D :D

Chas

Back