PEAX Equipment

Weird highway warning signs

I don't have a picture but there is a farm out on highway 199 that put up a big sign saying "CRON NEXT LEFT" or something to that affect. People are always telling them that they misspelled corn on their sign. They say " yup, and everyone that stops in to tell us that, buys a dozen ears of cron. Marketing at its finest.

I can't find my picture of them, and they went back to standard ones, but Nevada used to have a sign with a Nelson ram falling upside down off a cliff to warn people of rocks and sheep coming off the cliffs above Walker Lake. Just like the bear signs around Tahoe, theft must have became an issue so they switched to less interesting ones.

mud-sign.jpg

Self explanatory
Am I the only one who feels like this is a challenge not a statement 🤔

We need some no stopping signs on 130 over the snowies.

I was heading over this weekend and some $*)Q!#@$ idiot had stopped his van on the highway, 4 tires between the lines. And proceeded to get out and walk up the road about 200 yards. Another stopped on the opposite side and got 3/4 of the way off the road. There was barely room for one lane to get through.

All over a moose.

We need some no stopping signs on 130 over the snowies.

I was heading over this weekend and some $*)Q!#@$ idiot had stopped his van on the highway, 4 tires between the lines. And proceeded to get out and walk up the road about 200 yards. Another stopped on the opposite side and got 3/4 of the way off the road. There was barely room for one lane to get through.

All over a moose.
It would be too much effort to park in one of the dozen or so pull offs and walk 100 yards back…….. that highway is almost like Yellowstone on the weekends and holidays. Cars parked and everyone running to get a moose pic.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back