Weird highway warning signs

OntarioHunter

When I was a kid we were heading up to the Canadian border for a camping/fishing weekend in our '63 Bel Air Station wagon. The curvy dusty washboard logging road was taking a toll on the car ... and my dad's patience. Suddenly we came on this warning sign.
curve warning sign2.JPG
Me: "What does that sign mean?"
Dad (grumbling): "Road going to hell!"
Mom: "Jack, watch your mouth."
Kids: [giggling]

Last edited:
I don't have a sign, but I always get a chuckle when someone runs into a guard rail and destroys a section. Then the highway department put traffic cones at that spot. I guess they are telling us that if we just have to run into the guard rail, we need to do it somewhere safer.

Bolivia---Stay on the left side of the road. This way the downhill vehicle drives right along the canyon and the uphill vehicle along the vertical wall so that both drivers will have the optimal view of the inches on their side of the road. ( the key word here is the word "inches")

S. Africa---drunken people crossing

Italy--attenzione prostitute

It’s funny that the MUTCD standards were updated to include very specific critter crossing signs as opposed to the standard deer and cattle xing signs to denote the presence of either wild animals or livestock.

W11-19 is a donkey and W11-22 is a horse, both unmounted. Whereas W11-7 is a mounted horse.

Same W11 series warning signs also now come in grizzly bear, lamb, bighorn sheep, elk, and moose.

It’s funny that the MUTCD standards were updated to include very specific critter crossing signs as opposed to the standard deer and cattle xing signs to denote the presence of either wild animals or livestock.

W11-19 is a donkey and W11-22 is a horse, both unmounted. Whereas W11-7 is a mounted horse.

Same W11 series warning signs also now come in grizzly bear, lamb, bighorn sheep, elk, and moose.
Critter crossing signs reminded me of this gem.

mud-sign.jpg

Self explanatory

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back