Wednesday's Word...

Festus

Not mine, but I wonder the same things sometimes...

Sometimes I wonder.

I imagine Jesus rejoiced as He welcomed 19 precious children to Heaven yesterday.
But then I wonder if He slipped away for a moment, never leaving their presence but just enough to wipe tears from His eyes.
Tears over the brokenness. Tears over the division. Tears over the sorrow. Tears for the loved ones who are left to grieve.
I wonder, as He makes an intercession for us, if sometimes He has no words to explain our human state
I wonder how He looks to The Father, and yet, even though we ignore Him and destroy His creation, still speaks on our behalf out of love and mercy
I wonder if He watched a lost soul who committed a terrible act yesterday be swallowed up by the flames of hell,
Or if His mercy is so great and compassion so deep, that the deeper need of this man was seen, and by some miracle he was spared.
I wonder if He sat upon His throne and shook His head as the person entrusted to serve, protect, and guide our nation expressed his grief, and then turned the conversation to gun laws.
I wonder if He felt anger or sadness, knowing no amount of laws will adequately address a spiritual need.
I wonder how much longer God is going to let the world break His heart.
I wonder how much more it will take for our world to turn back to God.
Sometimes I just wonder.

- Bethany Stanley

As a Christian, I find it ridiculous and offensive to project republican anti-gun control garbage onto God. America loves guns, God loves people.

Edit: let's just lock this now. No thread that starts like this can go anywhere productive.

As a Christian, I find it ridiculous and offensive to project republican anti-gun control garbage onto God. America loves guns, God loves people.

Edit: let's just lock this now. No thread that starts like this can go anywhere productive.
92A25336-ECF8-4F30-BBCE-6887E5B4AAB4.jpeg

Back