Weatherby's Vanguard Rifle Safety Notice

HSi-ESi

I don't know if anyone else was aware of this safety notice. Weatherby Vanguard rifles manufactured from 1970 to 1993.

Safety Notice on Weatherby's

My uncle purchased one of these in .243 Win in the 70's. A few years back he wanted to sell it - so I ended up buying it from him. I knew it was a shooter - and only had a couple of boxes run through it.

It sat in my safe for a couple of years, then this summer I decided to re-scope it and get it functional with store bought loads for deer this year. I'll work up some handloads this off-season. It'll be a great gun for the kids in a few years. One weekend during rifle I was thinking about the gun - thought I would do a little research on it. The research led me to the recall. I was a little bummed that I was going to have to do this mid-season - but Weatherby was great on this.

I filled in the form online - they sent me packaging materials to send the bolt in. I sent it in and had it returned in about 7 days. It was then used to take 2 deer second to last day of the season.

Just thought I would throw this out to the community here.

Nice that you put that post up, as many people don't know about recalls on things they own and posts like this help get the word out!

Thanks. I have one of the first 3000 made. For anyone else registering for the recall, be sure you enter the serial number Exactly as it's stamped on the rifle.

Does this mean that all Weatherby rifles are a POS like some people on the remington recall thread are saying about remington?

Does this mean that all Weatherby rifles are a POS like some people on the remington recall thread are saying about remington?

Nope, it means that Weatherby is handling a serious situation voluntarily like most of the other manufacturers, other than Remington, do after a problem is noted ;)

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back