Caribou Gear Tarp

Weaponizing PR

It looks like it is just a petition, so I don't expect it to go very far. But I note it was pointed out by some knowledgable HT members that this is the consequence of being extreme in the management of predators. It would be a disaster to withhold funding. It would just result in a tit for tat reactionary response every time the occupant of the White House changed parties. I hope that kind of 2nd grader reactionary BS ended with 45 and this get ignored.

I went and looked to see who the co signers were, after all there are 25 of them. Sometimes you'll find groups you thought were ok, signing on to extreme ideas. In this case they are all the usual, HSUS, Western Watersheds, etc. Old broads for Wilderness stuck out but really isn't surprising, often people think of them as just being anti ATV or something, actually they are fairly out to lunch.

Petitions do matter. The government has to react officially to each one. Costing more money that could have gone to wildlife management. And they get their attorney fees paid win or loose because they have a right to petition. All a win for antis

Back