Caribou Gear

We got some Quail

2fastnaz

Heres a pic af my sons first quail kills, well not exactly.
We unloaded Friday afternoon right in the middle of a big covey. Birds all around us so we flush 20 or so and I take 2. We picked up the birds and start walking up the arroyo, we've gone about 20 yards and my son yells quail. So I tell him go kick him up. He starts to advance on the bird which is about 10 feet infront of him and the bird flushes. I don't know if it was excitement or fear but he drops the hammer with the bird 12" off the ground and 10 foot in front of him. I thought he had hit two birds but what we actually had was 2 halves of one bird. We had left in a hurry and I forgot the camera but suffice it to say there was not much bird left. One drum stick and a wing on one half and a wing on the other. We called it a day in a few minutes I couldn't stop laughing and the mud was too thick to do much walking. We did better on Sat and Sun but still no limits Grand total for the weekend is 8. I got 2 a day JJ (basshunter) got these two on Sat.

IM000681.jpg

I got these 2 on Sun.
IM000682.jpg

All in all it was a good weekend with my son.

2Fast,
Congrats on your boy be coming a slaughter'er. That's for blowing apart his quail!
Congrats on getting some yourself.
No such luck Sunday evening for us.
Our quail spot held nothing but Doves.
I know where I'm going come this november!!!
They were in there thick as thieves.
Be nice and I might just take you and the boy out there.
wink.gif
wink.gif

It was a ways out, approx 145 miles RT.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-13-2003 17:42: Message edited by: Mntman ]</font>

Now that is what I call some quality time. Beautiful birds. I hope to hunt them someday.

At 10', your son made a hell of a shot. When I was his age, all I could do is shoot holes in the sky. What am I talking about, things haven't changed too much with my marksmanship.
biggrin.gif

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back