Caribou Gear

We found the ducks this weekend

Nice shooting! I grew up in a state that instituted a point system for duck harvest when I was a teen. Mallard Drakes were 10 points while hens were quite a bit more and you had to stop shooting each day when you reached or exceeded 100 points with the last duck shot. Got good at shooting greenheads. Wood ducks and Redheads were either 90 or 100 points so we let them pass unless were sitting on 90 points. Never developed a craving for duck nor goose so stopped hunting them after college. Some of my hunts were in a duck blind at first light when overcast early in the season. Turning some ducks flying like are on fire away from you then getting them to circle a couple of times before they drop down towards the decoys was always rewarding. Similar to calling in a gobbler in the spring or a bull elk in the autumn.

Corn stalks with a cover crop? I have a buddy who swears that doesn't work; has to be shelled corn stalks with nothing else. I will be showing him this pic! Congrats on two fine days!
Yes cover crop. There was 0 corn anywhere left in the field

Yes cover crop. There was 0 corn anywhere left in the field
On the drive home last night I saw a field that looked identical. Somewhere between 15-20 geese. I sent him a pic of that too! He doesn't like to let facts get in the way of a good narrative. He's kinda like a democrat I reckon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtJohn1234
Back