Yeti GOBOX Collection

Washington State Ryderwood/Willapa Hills

dwightinwashigton

First year hunting ryderwood/willapa hills and I'm taking my thirteen year old daughter on her first elk hunt ever. I've Been e-scouting the area for months on onXmaps and google earth. I've have written and received numerous emails to the state biologist for info. I bought the weyerhaeuser drive in permit for ryderwood/willapa hills. Were planning on camping/scouting for 7-10 days starting the 5th of august. Were both archery hunters. Were not trophy hunters were what ever legal elk comes in front of us hunters. I'm not asking for anyone's special spots. I was just wanting some info on the area itself, good places to camp on weyerhaeuser land, if there's any bear up there, places to fish, Just about any info would be awesome. I've also heard theres alot of hoof rot? Any info on hunting animals with hoof rot? I've read a lot of posts on both units on this forum and others. We are looking toward the walk in area on the sierra pacific industries land but really just don't know. The biologist recommended areas that were away from people. We have mountain bikes but would rather hike in the woods than ride the roads. It looks like there's a lot of jack firs in the sierra property. Not a lot of big timber. Any help or info appreciated. Were willing to wear out our boots. We both have been waiting for this for thirteen years :) I received full custody of my daughter 6 months ago. :) Thank u for reading

Pm me with your specific questions.
If you bought the weyco pass hunt the tree farm. All of the area has a lot of limping Elk. They don’t come in as aggressive with a bum foot and are pretty quiet. Leave the mountain bikes at home. I’ve seen way more Elk blown out by them then killed because of them. Scout scout and scout some more, every weekend you can get down there and start marking Elk. E scouting won’t get you far on the timberlands. The Elk are non migratory. And once again gimped up. Which bio did you talk to?

Plenty of bear, one pond off the forks creek mainline holds decent trout . That’s about it for fishing.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back