Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Warranty on a my good old workhorse Steiner binos

44hunter45

Decades ago I risked a few cold nights at home and spent more than we had on a pair of Steiner 8x30 Military Marine binos while on a business trip in Atlanta. I seem to remember it was $280ish. That was a ton for us in those days. They were in-store demos at Brigade Quartermasters in Kennesaw. I put a long strap on them and they hung under my left arm for an untold number of hunts. They sat on the dashboard of my truck for "mobile glassing" sessions. In 2017 I sent them to Steiner USA in Colorado to be re-armored, as years rubbing against my hunting pants had worn through the shield. No Charge. They also replaced a torn eye cup.

I have since acquired much higher quality glass. My spotter is a Swaro ATX 85. I rented a pair of Swaro EL 10x42 from Tracy Barnes for my Alaska trip this year. Swaro is on the gear list to buy next year. But these Steiners just keep showing up in my hands when I need glass.

Long story short. I reached into the truck console yesterday and saw the center hinge pin of the Steiners laying in there. Sure enough, not in the binos when I picked them up.
I called Steiner USA today and they found my repair ticket from 4 years ago, cloned it with my details, and emailed me a return RMA label before I hung up the phone.

That is just amazing customer service to me.

I have a similar experience with the Steiner warranty and repair. I bought my rubberized 8 x 30's in 1980. Hundreds of hours of use later, they needed repair 2 years ago. When I got them back, I'm not even sure if they repaired them or gave me a new pair? Now that's customer service and standing behind their product.
What I like about them, is that they are compact, and very lightweight on a neck strap, and the way they focus, and stay where they are set. Obviously, the clarity is outstanding too, where in Colorado, you need that for looking long distances.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back