Warning: Thieves

I agree that wasn't needed. I completely agree. Here are couple quick examples. The first one happens all the time. How is that possible.
Careless folks (quite frequently and I do discourage this practice) have left their car running unattended for 5 minutes in front of their house warming up, or maybe did the same thing in front of the convenience store. They were hardly out of sight from their car. When they come out it's gone. Someone hopped in and stole their vehicle.

Father son traveling through on their way over to the eastern part of the state to hunt antelope/deer. Stopped at a gas station and fueled up. Dad was out pumping gas while son went inside to get something. Son was coming out and they met at the front door to the store maybe 100 feet - 200 feet from where they talked for just a couple minutes not paying attention. Vehicle unlocked. Dirtbag next to them may have seen gear and items, something that maybe screamed outdoorsman. While dad is walking away and the two meet at the front door to the store, dirtbag opens the unlocked front door and fishes around inside real quick. Discovers and steals a revolver in a holster under the front seat.

Had a friend who had a duffle bag with all of his hunting clothing stolen out of the cargo box of his pickup as he was on his way out of town to go hunting. It was early and was dark and he went through a drive-through at a Burger King if I remember correctly. While he was going through the line someone passing by or something was able to reach into the box of the pickup from the side and stole the duffle bag without him seeing it. True story. He gets down the road at his next stop and discovers that his duffle bag is MIA.

The VICTIM (that is what he is and it's no fault of his own- repeat not his fault) was gone maybe an hour and a package was stolen. One of the ways they do it is they figure out roughly what time the mail deliver is in a certain location. Only takes a couple days to get a pretty good idea. The person then drives around the area a day later looking for packages and the mailman. Had them follow the mailman, ups, federal express, around watching until they delivered something and it looked like they might have a chance to steal the item without getting caught. Happens more than you think.

Had a nice 4x4 pickup with nice rims and tires on it sitting out in front of the VICTIM's trailer house. The pickup was only about 8 feet from the front of the trailer where it was parked. I don't recall what type of room was at the front of the trailer where the pickup was parked, if it was a kitchen, bedroom, or what have you. Scum were able to jack up the pickup and remove all four wheels and tires. VICTIM comes out and all four were gone.

Be pissed at the jerk that did this, not anyone else.
giphy.gif

Is this a prank?? I don't need a rundown on package theft. I understand how it happens. I just don't understand why a commenter would imply the OP was lying.

Great news. The package was found! I asked all of my neighbors but one neighbor's roommate forgot to tell him he had the package!! Glad to see such a great community on here and know that although there is a lot of scum out there, there is are a ton of great people as well! Still a learning experience hearing @6mm Remington 's stories.

I have had packages stolen until l installed a camera I can talk into if people approach the door. I got 4 hi res cameras covering the front side of the house and all of them are accessible from the internet. I eventually nailed the guy that was stealing my package when I caught him in my backyard and beat the crap out of him before wife called the cops.

I have had packages stolen until l installed a camera I can talk into if people approach the door. I got 4 hi res cameras covering the front side of the house and all of them are accessible from the internet. I eventually nailed the guy that was stealing my package when I caught him in my backyard and beat the crap out of him before wife called the cops.
That guy must’ve been stupid to mess with you Doug

That guy must’ve been stupid to mess with you Doug

I aint that big. 5-8/230 pounds but when you mess with my property or my family or pets, I will mess them up before the cops get there. Wyoming has a castle doctrine and I am allowed to defend myself when someone enters my property. He made a mistake of swinging at me LOL, gave me an opening. The cops were not very kind when they cuffed him either because he was trying to fight them too.

I aint that big. 5-8/230 pounds but when you mess with my property or my family or pets, I will mess them up before the cops get there. Wyoming has a castle doctrine and I am allowed to defend myself when someone enters my property. He made a mistake of swinging at me LOL, gave me an opening. The cops were not very kind when they cuffed him either because he was trying to fight them too.
No defense if you give chase and even less defense over minor property theft - but sounds like no harm no foul in this particular instance.

I'm so glad my driveway is now 150 yds long and up a hill, there was lots of package theft in my old neighborhood and it's probably worse with so much online ordering going on these days...

No defense if you give chase and even less defense over minor property theft - but sounds like no harm no foul in this particular instance.

True but once someone swings at you, you have the right to defend yourself, especially on your own property. You do not have to let a thief leave your property either. You can execute a citizens arrest and use reasonable force to detain the person too. And contrary to what you call minor property theft, what he stole the first time from the front side was a 500 dollar sighting scope I ordered. The second time, I had the shed open and he started loading over 2 grand of tools from my shed into the back of his pickup. Police recovered all the tools but he sold the sighting scope prolly for dimes on the dollar. I got an order from the court for him to pay for it but never saw a dime.

Sorry if my post came across as calling him a liar I meant hard to believe burglary is up 30%. Burglary is always up when the weather warms up. Summer months are the highest.

That sucks. I won't even ship to apartment buildings anymore unless the customer pays for the insurance himself. Every stolen shipment I ever had was apartments

giphy.gif

Is this a prank?? I don't need a rundown on package theft. I understand how it happens. I just don't understand why a commenter would imply the OP was lying.
It was missed in translation because I was completely on board with what you said and I was supporting you in what you said! You misunderstood my intent. I also could not understand why the OP's story was not believed and had doubts about the story. At least that's how it came across to me. It felt like the commenter could not understand how this possibly could have happened. I'm sorry if you took it wrong. I was pointing out some instances where it did in fact happen. Happens a lot. You got it and I got it and we both felt that the person making the comments about the possible validity of the story wasn't very cool about it.

Last edited:
This thread made me think of this failed robbery a week ago , 2 men enter , 1 man leaves , the other went to the morgue. Crazy times , The story that I read was one of these guys was at this house years ago and apparently thought there was boxes of cash in this house and they were still there and as soon as the guy opens his door they rush in on him , but little did the thieves know this man had his second amendment rights strapped to his hip and shot one and went fists of fury with the other one till he ran off , the police arrested the one who ran off some hours later, you can’t hear the gunshot but you can definitely hear the dudes wife screaming and freaking out when she realizes these guys are bad news, The homeowner said he opened the door because there was some landscapers that were coming over and he just assumed it was landscapers

It was missed in translation because I was completely on board with what you said and I was supporting you in what you said! You misunderstood my intent. I also could not understand why the OP's story was not believed and had doubts about the story. At least that's how it came across to me. It felt like the commenter could not understand how this possibly could have happened. I'm sorry if you took it wrong. I was pointing out some instances where it did in fact happen. Happens a lot. You got it and I got it and we both felt that the person making the comments about the possible validity of the story wasn't very cool about it.
All is good. I just didn't expect a full story in a reply to me. I figured it would be towards OP. No worries.

This thread made me think of this failed robbery a week ago , 2 men enter , 1 man leaves , the other went to the morgue. Crazy times , The story that I read was one of these guys was at this house years ago and apparently thought there was boxes of cash in this house and they were still there and as soon as the guy opens his door they rush in on him , but little did the thieves know this man had his second amendment rights strapped to his hip and shot one and went fists of fury with the other one till he ran off , the police arrested the one who ran off some hours later, you can’t hear the gunshot but you can definitely hear the dudes wife screaming and freaking out when she realizes these guys are bad news, The homeowner said he opened the door because there was some landscapers that were coming over and he just assumed it was landscapers

Play stupid games win stupid prizes...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back