Warning: Thieves

Runnin_Chupacabra

I've been saving up for my first bipod recently, a Harris, and was very excited for it to be delivered today. I was away from the house for just over an hour after it was delivered and come home to learn the package was stolen. I've lived in my apartment for 8 years and never have had any issues. Of course, after having it stolen I hear about all of the packages that have been stolen during this outbreak as people are getting desperate. Thought I'd send out a warning for those who are expecting packages and don't have a ring or any other video camera.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that
Anytime they strike it sucks. I had my reloading supplies stolen once and now I made friends with the delivery driver so does not drop off unless someone is around.

What size did you buy? I would be willing to borrow you one for the season!

Wow that's very kind of you! I was originally flip flopping whether to get one or not so this deer season I'll try without it and re-evaluate after. That is very nice of you and much appreciated! I will let you know if things change! Again, thank you

Wow that's very kind of you! I was originally flip flopping whether to get one or not so this deer season I'll try without it and re-evaluate after. That is very nice of you and much appreciated! I will let you know if things change! Again, thank you
We got your back!

If you change your mind, let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer indeed. We just got word that burglaries are up 3x in the last month in our area.

It seems half of Americans are at home currently wether out of work or working from home not calling you a liar but seems hard for me to believe?

Where did you buy the bipod from? I know a lot of retailers will ship you a new one if this happens. Its worth following up with them. Generally they will hit the shippers insurance for you and send another one. Cabela's was good about this in the past for me.

Black Ovis did me good on an order a few months ago like that. It wasn't stolen from my doorstep but rather had a note from the USPS saying "Delivery Not Possible, Can not return to sender. Package sent to lost mail facility." They tried but were unable to get an answer from the post office as to what happened. They promptly shipped me a new one.

Where did you buy the bipod from? I know a lot of retailers will ship you a new one if this happens. Its worth following up with them. Generally they will hit the shippers insurance for you and send another one. Cabela's was good about this in the past for me.

It was from Harris Bipods. I contacted them and they said they could reprocess the order but I don't think they're a very big company so didn't want to try and squeeze a free one off of a great small company given the current economy. Might follow up once things turn around.

WTH, Was that necessary? Pick a fight with your garbage can not our community!
I agree that wasn't needed. I completely agree. Here are couple quick examples. The first one happens all the time. How is that possible.
Careless folks (quite frequently and I do discourage this practice) have left their car running unattended for 5 minutes in front of their house warming up, or maybe did the same thing in front of the convenience store. They were hardly out of sight from their car. When they come out it's gone. Someone hopped in and stole their vehicle.

Father son traveling through on their way over to the eastern part of the state to hunt antelope/deer. Stopped at a gas station and fueled up. Dad was out pumping gas while son went inside to get something. Son was coming out and they met at the front door to the store maybe 100 feet - 200 feet from where they talked for just a couple minutes not paying attention. Vehicle unlocked. Dirtbag next to them may have seen gear and items, something that maybe screamed outdoorsman. While dad is walking away and the two meet at the front door to the store, dirtbag opens the unlocked front door and fishes around inside real quick. Discovers and steals a revolver in a holster under the front seat.

Had a friend who had a duffle bag with all of his hunting clothing stolen out of the cargo box of his pickup as he was on his way out of town to go hunting. It was early and was dark and he went through a drive-through at a Burger King if I remember correctly. While he was going through the line someone passing by or something was able to reach into the box of the pickup from the side and stole the duffle bag without him seeing it. True story. He gets down the road at his next stop and discovers that his duffle bag is MIA.

The VICTIM (that is what he is and it's no fault of his own- repeat not his fault) was gone maybe an hour and a package was stolen. One of the ways they do it is they figure out roughly what time the mail deliver is in a certain location. Only takes a couple days to get a pretty good idea. The person then drives around the area a day later looking for packages and the mailman. Had them follow the mailman, ups, federal express, around watching until they delivered something and it looked like they might have a chance to steal the item without getting caught. Happens more than you think.

Had a nice 4x4 pickup with nice rims and tires on it sitting out in front of the VICTIM's trailer house. The pickup was only about 8 feet from the front of the trailer where it was parked. I don't recall what type of room was at the front of the trailer where the pickup was parked, if it was a kitchen, bedroom, or what have you. Scum were able to jack up the pickup and remove all four wheels and tires. VICTIM comes out and all four were gone.

Be pissed at the jerk that did this, not anyone else.

Back