Caribou Gear

WARNING: Student Load Forgiveness is Very Unlikely to Pay for Your Next Elk Tag

I think geography plays a huge role in this concept. Downtown Minneapolis values are much different than Brainerd or Bismarck. A firm in Chicago would likely place a high value on a Harvard degree; most likely a firm in Rapid City would not.

So I would say that there are still situations where it doesn't matter. In other situations, it certainly does. This is probably highly variable based on the tint of your glasses!
Agree, but like it or not, it matters. When you see names like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Julliard, the reputation of the name has value in some fields. If a student can go, they should go. It doesn't guarantee success, but as much as I hate it, it still matters.

To @SAJ-99 Point we've decided that whatever the kids want to do as far as schooling we'll help them out as much as possible but not until after they finish school knowing full well if they decide to go and not to finish they're on the hook. WAY too many people I know wasted a ton of there parents money.

Like @VikingsGuy said, I don’t make the rules and don’t like a lot about them, but for sure I’m going to do everything I can to use them to my advantage.
You guys wanna help your kids cheat and insure your genes continue spreading for as long as possible, knock yourselves out.
It’s a dog eat dog world.
I’d expect nothing less from a Viking.

Do you feel any guilt associated to paying for your children’s school?
Would they pick the same schools/career path if you weren’t helping foot the bill?
Do you feel like you’re contributing to the price creep?
It just seems like such and insurmountable number.
It’s just seems like such a massive step up in the monopoly game of life to be gifted that kind of money opposed to someone who was not 🤷‍♂️

How are they gonna work to earn this life if they’re given a quarter million dollars?
When you’re 18, you’re your own person.
That’s when your story starts.
That’s when you take the reigns of your life.
Paying for school like this is just short dicking the whole system.
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
This philosophy can easily be taken to mean a 100% wealth tax. Life isn’t fair. Whether a person pays that kids college or gives them a big inheritance, the parent accumulated the money and it’s gonna go somewhere at some point. Barring the government seizure of all that wealth upon the parents passing, I don’t see any real way around this

This philosophy can easily be taken to mean a 100% wealth tax. Life isn’t fair. Whether a person pays that kids college or gives them a big inheritance, the parent accumulated the money and it’s gonna go somewhere at some point. Barring the government seizure of all that wealth upon the parents passing, I don’t see any real way around this
Sometimes I don’t think this is that bad of an idea...

B007F3F9-136E-4663-82F7-B848F17D0C2F.jpeg

Depending on the field, if I saw Harvard, or Brown, or anything similar, and I had others from NDSU, to use an example given (also, my SIL went there), I would take the NDSU every time, if the academics were similar.

Common sense is likely more common the further you get from Harvard. Here's looking at you, Katanje Brown Jackson.

But, I'm not going to be hiring my granddaughter, so VG may be right.

Last edited:
Bunch of spin to win assed academy kids.
Smh
View attachment 267411
You problem doesn’t really seem to be about how education gets funded, as a smart poor kid gets as much or more $$$ than the average upper middle class kid gets from their parents for college. I think your problem is with the educated themselves. Which is a fairly shortsighted worldview.

Depending on the field, if I saw Harvard, or Brown, or anything similar, and I had others from NDSU, to use an example given (also, my SIL went there), I would take the NDSU every time, if the academics were similar.

Common sense is likely more common the further you get from Harvard. Here's looking at you, Katanje Brown Jackson.

But, I'm not going to be hiring my granddaughter, so VG may be right.
But you’d hire “I like beer” Brett lol

Back