Caribou Gear Tarp

Wanted: Savage .22 lr Bolt action LEFT HANDED

T Bone

My son has saved his dimes for his first rifle and we need some help locating a Savage bolt action Left Hand .22 lr. Our local dealers can't find any of the wholesalers with them in stock. The newer Accu-trigger model is preferred. Please PM or respond here.

The one on gunbroker is too hi priced for a used, non accu-trigger model.

Our local gun shop (they know the business well) can't find a single LH bolt gun. The distributors havn't seen them for almost a year. There have been some calls placed to Savage reps to see when the next run of lefties is planned.....

We're starting to think Ruger 10/22 for the boy.

The one on gunbroker is too hi priced for a used, non accu-trigger model.

Our local gun shop (they know the business well) can't find a single LH bolt gun. The distributors havn't seen them for almost a year. There have been some calls placed to Savage reps to see when the next run of lefties is planned.....

We're starting to think Ruger 10/22 for the boy.

Marv, you turned me on for a minute.

Looking for the full size version. Nice clean website though.

Look at the NP/SP price soar!

T-Bone, do you think the 10/22 case ejection might be a problem for a left-handed shooter?

Didn't see that was a scaled down version!

Look at the NP/SP price soar!
LOL :D

Yep, I timed my April/May just about purrrrrfect this year (so far).
Great transmission/power/natgas arb today hump

Bonus will be ahhh....errr...hmmmmm..about the same as every year :( ;) "Muni Life"

Ovis,

The right side ejection of the 10/22 would sure bother me. Besides some of the bottom eject $500 browning autos I really don't know what else to do. I feel obligated to get something for the son soon as he's saved for some time. I'm giving it a week to let me connection at the gun shop contact Savage to see when the next run is.

Have you tried a CZ ? I bought the 452 bolt action model ands its a fabulous rifle, more like a little centrefire than a rimfire, I have an earlier Brno model 2 back home in N.Z. and I reckon its one of the few makes which hasn't gone backwards in quality over the years.

We gave up on the hope of a Savage being manufactured in the next 3 months.

This morning my boy found the .22 rifle that was made just for him. He ended up with a Henry lever gun. Seems to be fair quality. It shoots extremely well and I like the nice wood on it.

I was pushing for the Ruger 10/22, but he was stuck on the lever gun. :)

Back