Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wallows, Rocks, or Run off

BDH

Doing a little E scouting what do you guys think these are?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    280.4 KB · Views: 126
I see them as depressions due to the shadows. So I wouldn't call them rocks. Looks like a mystery that needs solving! Good excuse to get some hiking in!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a marshy area to me. I’ve seen some map layers on caltopo where USGS has identified marshes and other wetland and will label them as such. Maybe you can find a map that better identifies what your looking at.

Looks like a marshy area to me. I’ve seen some map layers on caltopo where USGS has identified marshes and other wetland and will label them as such. Maybe you can find a map that better identifies what your looking at.

I agree. It looks marshy/watershed type layout. If you are on Google Earth can you change the date the picture was taken to see if the "objects" change or if there is more water there. The areas that I have been looking at on my own have similar characteristics but there is a ton of swampy/spread out water in that area.

Giant pocket gophers?

Looks like a dried up creek on left side and the depressions are mud like marshy area all dried up.

Back