MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wait for it...Wait....Wait

Here is a link to the podcast with Senator Steve Daines (MT-R), one of the key Republicans who pushed to get this passed. It contains some hunting stories, some background of how the bill got passed, and some comments about how hard it is to get something through Congress due to everyone wanting to add something to a bill or fill it with "poison pill" amendments.

I have a renewed appreciation for our Senator Steve Daines and really enjoyed the pod cast. It certainly covered a whole lot of Montana and "The West's" issues concerning conservation.

Libby Lawyers, sad but true.

Looking forward to listening to it. Thank you for hosting these guests, Randy.

Last edited:
It was a great podcast. It was refreshing to hear a story of politicians working together to get something done.

I know it's only one podcast, but Daines seems to be a pretty down-to-earth.

I listened to it and appreciated Daines sentiments of reaching across the isle.

I am so confused by Daines and admit to wondering if the way I feel about him is just childish anger that omits pragmatism, or if I am justified and politics is so gross it's impossible not to feel conflicted when viewing its participants. Listening to this podcast you hear a very reasonable man, but then there is the Daines who opposed FJRA out of spite, called the Anaconda Sportsmans Club "Green Decoys", told us that "Montanans can't hunt on WSAs, jeopardized a previous attempt at LWCF authorization, and voted for the Murkowski Amendment a while back that would've opened up the door for PLT.

Those aren't partisan concerns and I don't bring them up under the premise that I need to agree with a politician on most things for them to be good, it's just leads me to the personal and perhaps rhetorical question of: What is the threshold of acceptability?

I am just now sending the Senator a thank you for his hard work on this important issue, and ask that he continue with the long and seemingly thankless public land work yet to be done. Thanks for the podcast Randy.

Looking back, it usually takes a year of opposition for him to decide it’s in his political best interest to support the issue. (FJRA, Gateway To Yellowstone, LWCF, PLT all fit that) The good news is we can probably expect a 180 on the BCSA soon.

Back