MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wader repair?

I have repaired quite a few pairs by filling the hole with a little silicone, let that thoroughly dry then seal over it with a piece of gorilla tape. I put the tape inside and outside. I have my doubts as to whether it will work in that location or not. But other locations it works great and makes them be able to finish out the season. Now I just refuse to buy expensive waders because none of them hold up to what I put them through and the best repair is running down to Academy and getting a new set!

Hmm, boots are tough. I'm sure you can send them back to the manufacturer and they'll fix it for a smallish fee.

I fixed some rubber boots with this marine adhesive: 3M 5200 Marine Adhesive
It's held up well and remains flexible when cold. Never used Aqua Seal but that was the other highly recommended option.

Long time ago I had a buddy working at a local garage. When we had a leak or crack in the lower "rubber" boot he would use a tire patch. Worked the best.
This is what several guys in the office said. I have a bike tube repair kit at home and will get aqua seal or that marine stuff. I need the boots for Saturday so we'll find out.

Aqua seal or free sole, I think both the same stuff/same company the free sole is just not as runny.

Apply Aqua Seal inside and outside, you will find that after a while the glue will start to peal off, just reapply it.
Cheers
Richard

I use the UV activated Aqua Seal often. It's good stuff and dries in seconds (in sunlight obviously), but might need to be used in combination with a patch on a boot.

I had an old pair of Simms waders that, by the end of their life, we’re about 50% wader and 50% aqua seal. The aqua seal half didn’t leak.

Having great success lately with the liquid flex seal. I would seal first then patch with a tear like that.

Back