Yeti GOBOX Collection

Vortex warranty

Hferrin701

I just bought the razor 65 mm spotting scope and I am very happy with the quality. Only problem is right out of the box I noticed a small black spot inside the eye piece that is very noticeable. I'm going to contact vortex Monday about getting the problem fixed. Just curious if anybody has sent their optics in for warranty repair and how long the turn around was?

I haven't dealt with them. I bought the Vortex Viper HD binos and I noticed what looks like a piece of fiber or a small scratch inside. I can only see it when I look into the objective lense. I don't notice it during normal use so I haven't bothered to contact them. Curious to see how it goes with you though.

Have you taken the eyepiece off and cleaned it? My buddy had the same problem and that was the cause.

My dad dropped his eyepiece 6 days before we were to leave on a Colorado deer hunt. He called vortex to see what they could do. They told him for a $100 deposit they would ship out a eyepiece that same day, and he was to return his old one asap. He got his new piece 3 days later and was refunded his $100 deposit when Vortex received his old one. Great customer service!!!!

Yes I removed the piece and cleaned it. It's inside the eye piece u can see it looking both ends of the piece. I'm sure vortex will take care of it I'm just disappointed I spent 1300$ on a scope and it hasn't been in the field once and already have to send it in.

I put one of their 2 x 7 scopes on a 257 Roberts and in 20 shots the crosshair was laying in the bottom of the scope..... sent it back with a note and in 3 days I had a new scope. This one has been fine for 4 years. I didn't even BUY the scope, I won it in a raffle and told them so.... I was happy. Nice scope, shot some stuff with it on the Bob too. But I admit I am still a Leupold guy. Old habits yadda yadda...

Vortex has a good warranty and you paid for it so use it. In the defense of Vortex what you are describing is not all that uncommon for any brand of spotter and eye pieces are the biggest return item. During shipping things get tossed around and a tiny spec of debris can jar loose from inside the eyepiece that was left behind during assembly and show up as a pretty big magnified object. As one other person said, if it is in the objective end of the scope it will in no way show up or bother the optical performance but in the EP end it will.
They will handle it for you.

I sent in a pair of Vortex 10x42's that my brother dropped on the ground while we were antelope hunting last year. The drop caused double vision. I told them exactly what happened and I had a new pair at my door 12 days from the time I put them in the mail. I was very impressed.

Vortex has a good warranty and you paid for it so use it. In the defense of Vortex what you are describing is not all that uncommon for any brand of spotter and eye pieces are the biggest return item. During shipping things get tossed around and a tiny spec of debris can jar loose from inside the eyepiece that was left behind during assembly and show up as a pretty big magnified object. As one other person said, if it is in the objective end of the scope it will in no way show up or bother the optical performance but in the EP end it will.
They will handle it for you.

I think my buddy Tommy put it best.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mEB7WbTTlu4

Buy a Leupold. ;)

Have a good friend who had a pair of Binos broken when he got both barrels from an angry mule. One foot caught the center of the binos and broke them into two tubes. He told the story to Vortex; and not only did they replace the binos, they also sent him a pile of hats and shirts to give out as free marketing swag.

Great warranty and customer service, and if memory serves me right... Their customer service team is in Wisconsin.

Best warranty ever!! I've had to send 2 things back to them (spotting scope that my little cousin dropped off a cliff and binos that rolled off a 4 wheeler) Both times I got brand new products in less than 6 days. I've called and emailed them and always have had great CS and friendly, prompt replies!! Great products for the price as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back