Caribou Gear

Vortex Ranger 1000 Rangefinder

Big Tex

Anyone have any experience with this rangefinder. I left my old one on the side of the mountain somewhere last fall, since that last purchase vortex has hit the market and I love my vortex scope and I like how compact the rangefinder is. The primary use would be for archery hunting but I do some long range shooting as well. Anyone have any positive or negatives on this product. I'd love to hear it. Thx

Last edited:
Some might say I am biased. I would put this range finder up against any at that price range.

[video=youtube_share;87VzHMqEGaU]https://youtu.be/87VzHMqEGaU?list=PLLdxutimd-JsuUgFA2RkemN7XihvyHu4G[/video]

Your best price on this superb range finder will be Predator Optics who sponsors the Optics forum. Link to that item on his site is here - http://predatoroptics.info/catalog/product.asp?ret_id=1185759&pid=116324

I have also heard the Sig is really sweet. For vortex purchases I've found Cameralandny to be the best price.

The kilo will absolutely destroy the vortex! The vortex is a bit slow to read while the kilo reads distances so quickly that you can "scroll" with it. I'd say the kilo is as good as a Leica 1600...

I have one and wish I had a Leupold.
Slow & hard to read without bounce.
Accurate once you get it still and the red readout is great.
But you really have to brace it to get it still enough to read. Like on a tree,tripod,pack or hiking pole....
A BIG draw back hunting in most instances.

Great feedback, especially the leads on where to buy. Looks like I have some more research to do.

The sig has just changed the range finder balance. They are fantastic and are not that expensive. I ditched my Nikon as soon as I bought it. It blows out Leupys, Vortex and even mostly the Leica according to all of the tests and reports. They are small and handy and read instantaneously to ridiculous ranges.

Keep your eyes peeled for the brand new Kilo 850 and Kilo 1250 if you want a real bargin.... both will go well past 1000 and are just as fast as the Kilo 2000. Should be in shelves in the next 6 weeks or so. More big things coming from Sig soon too ;)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back