Vortex opinions

I'd do it again in a heartbeat, that A7 shoots lights out at any range I shoot. Seriously underrated gun, though they're not cheap anymore.

Is the clarity worth the money? If you hunt here where animals are subject to 12 month seasons and no tag limits you need every second of daylight to get them because a big stag is nearly permanently nocturnal or close to it, so yes. And in case you were wondering mid velvet or heavily pregnant animals are no deterrent to someone that wants to kill something for fun or fog meat so there is literally no off season for these poor buggers.
Yes I've heard the struggles there. The no off season has to be the biggest killer in my eyes.

The point I was trying to make was yes clarity is important, but at what cost? The slight difference that's unnoticeable by many in the higher end binos isn't enough to justify the price increase in many people's eyes. The 1% increase in clarity isn't worth the 500$ pricetag to upgrade. Extreme example but it's just to get the point across

Yes I've heard the struggles there. The no off season has to be the biggest killer in my eyes.

The point I was trying to make was yes clarity is important, but at what cost? The slight difference that's unnoticeable by many in the higher end binos isn't enough to justify the price increase in many people's eyes. The 1% increase in clarity isn't worth the 500$ pricetag to upgrade. Extreme example but it's just to get the point across
I do get what you're saying and I agree to an extent, but if you can afford to go better there is a real difference to be had.

Optics of all brands, sizes, etc tend to hold their resale value pretty well (especially the big name brands with good warranties). So I suggest you keep buying and trying items until you find what you like. It takes all of 10 seconds to look up closed auction items on ebay and you can very quickly get a fair market value of almost any optic. No online review can predict what you will like. I have bought and sold dozen's of optics (rarely ever losing money on the transaction) and this has allowed me to use many different brands and models. After about 5 years, I have finally found what I really like, and also can talk "shop" with most guys when it comes to optics. Have fun, and enjoy the journey.

10x42 Diamondbacks here. Picked them up cheap a couple of years ago. They get the job done. Are the they best? No but they’re not the worst.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back