Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Vortex LRBC shutting down...

kmbrewcrew

I’m really bummed that Vortex Optics is at least considering shutting down their LRBC app on their site. I was using it quite extensively in my process of working up loads. I have been trying to log in there for about a week, and I finally sent them a message on FB asking when the site would be back up. Here is the reply I got:

Hi Kris - we're actually in the process of redesigning our website and have abandoned our LRBC for the time being. Once we have the new website launched, we'll re-evaluate it's future. In the meantime, Strelok Pro and Hornady both have great LRBCs!

I am checking out StrelokPro now, and it seems to do a very good job...but I had to pay for the app on iPad. I have tried Hornady’s app in the past, and was not as impressed with it...it was missing some of the data I was hoping to have on hand.

So, do you all have any other recommendations for apps to check out for ballistics? What are you using for your long range calculations? I’m especially interested in keeping up with velocities and energy at distance.

Thanks!

For a phone app I use BallisticsARC, which does cost $10 or so.

On a PC I use JBM.

Both work well if you start with good inputs and tweak to real world drop data.

Strelok is very good. also look at shooter and applied ballistics. for $10 or so, its worth it.

I use Gunwerks ballistic calculator. It's free, and it has all the features I need, including a trajectory validation feature which is so great it eliminates the need for a chronograph. I would definitely check it out. Was the first ballistic calculator I started using and have never seen the need to switch.

Thanks for the info. I’ll check those out. I’m trying the StrelokPro now, and I’m looking forward to checking it in real world trials.

I contacted Vortex about their LRBC about 5 days ago and they told me it would be back up running by Aug 17th. Here it is 8/19 and still nothing. I am going to try some of the apps that you guys talked about on here. I was hoping it would be back up by now. Not sure exactly what is going on but if I would have known this I might have went with a different company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back