Vortex Diamondback Bino's

mnelkhunter

Does anyone have experience with the 10x42 or similar diamondbacks? I know the phrase "buy the best optics you can afford", but that can get tricky. Still in high school, so i'd rather have money to hunt than have all the best gear, but not afford to go. Just wanted to get some opinions. Going to head to Cabelas soon and compare them against some of the higher end binos from Vortex.

I went to Cabelas and I tried them all and I was looking though the old version of the DB and I could not tell any difference in the store. I tried all the Vortex models, Leupold and Swaros. Now I was in the store and never took them outside or in low light, but IMO don't let the cost sway you. Also make sure to try the new model of the DB's as they are now hitting the shelves. Another option is to buy used HD models from other people. There is also the Theron's, don't discount them as well. Have fun shopping.

I have a pair, and I'll tell you, the quality is much better than the price suggests. My buddy has some Nikon's and likes my Diamondbacks better.

I have two pair, cant be beat for the cost. Pick up a used pair if you can, most out here in Utah can be found in the 100-150 range. I would sell a pair of mine for 120 shipped with the standard vortex harness.

Thanks for the offer, really appreciate it! Just picked up some basic backpacking gear today. I'll probably pick a set of them up mid-summer. Definitely going to be checking eBay and the classifieds on here.

Have a set and love them, they are definitely great for what I paid for them.

I have a pair of 8 X 42's. For the money and the price they are the best I can find. I'm sure one of these days I'll pop for something better but than these will make a good pair to leave in the truck.
I got mine from Cabelas on a big sale. They're clearing out the old ones and still have a few options it looks like. For 120 buck really don't think there's anything better.

I didn't have binoculars before I went with 10x42 Diamondbacks (except an extremely old pair I found in my grandpas garage). I have never looked through more expensive binoculars although my diamondbacks are great. I've been using them for only a year now but I have never once thought "I should have spent more $$ on my first pair of binoculars". Totally satisfied.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back