Yeti GOBOX Collection

Vortex Diamondback 15x56 or should I spring for the Maven 15x56 ???

Huge difference in price. But is it worth it? I am in the market soon for 15x56 binos. Need some guidance please. Open to new suggestions also.

I'd rather have high dollar 8x42's than cheap 15x56's, for every single use. I could absolutely see more detail with my 8x42's SLC's than I could with some 15x56 Bushnell Forge binos at a rifle match this past weekend, spotting hits on steel at 500 yards.

Unless you are going to use them mostly on a tripod I would limit binos to 12x50. I have that set and even those are tough to keep a steady image at distance without a rest of some sort. I would also STRONGLY suggest putting hands on a range of binos in a store so you can compare like for like at the same time to see the differences. Like at Scheels, we have everything from some $30 Tascos up to the Swaro ELs. See the difference and find out where your wallet and eyes meet :)

Unless you are going to use them mostly on a tripod I would limit binos to 12x50. I have that set and even those are tough to keep a steady image at distance without a rest of some sort. I would also STRONGLY suggest putting hands on a range of binos in a store so you can compare like for like at the same time to see the differences. Like at Scheels, we have everything from some $30 Tascos up to the Swaro ELs. See the difference and find out where your wallet and eyes meet :)
Great input thank you! I have used a buddy's Swaros and these will be used on a tripod 99% of the time. After using the Swaros I saw what I was missing. I have 10's, 12's and wanted to get some 15's.

Check to see if you like the feel of the Mavens. I did not like the large eye piece size. I went with meoptas.

I used a pair of 15x Diamondbacks while sheep hunting last year, I had absolutely no complaints, had less eye fatigue with those than when using my spotter. Will be buying a set of 18x Kaibabs in the future...

Last edited:
My son bought Vortex Kaibabs and I had ordered some Maven B.5 18x56 binos through their demo program. Neither of us knew the other had ordered binos. The Vortex arrived first and we were both favorably impressed with them. When the Mavens came we used them side by side and while both are good binos, he sold his Vortex and we've been very happy with the Mavens.

Pair of Leupolds 15s for $700 on the classifieds that I’d do before the vortex
That’s my listing. They are quality, clear binos. I just don’t care for the eye cups/eye relief. I really want to like them, but feel like I should try something else.

I have a pair of vortex vulture 15x56 HDs that I need to pass along. If interested, shoot me a PM. Only reason I’m selling is I bought a pair of the leupold Santiam bx-5 15x56s on sale that I love. The vultures are a great intro to 15’s at a discount price.

Someone just posted like new Meopta meostar 15X56 in the classifieds. They would beat the Maven and Vortex hands down

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back